Distinguished
Dec 13, 2002
Thanks for reading this first of all!!!

I just purchased a P4S533 Motherboard and I am using the following hardware:

-P4S533 Motherboard
-Foxconn Power Supply 400W Atx
-Western Digital 80GB Hard Drive 7200RPM
-Intel Pentium 4 2.4ghz 533FSB
-Kingston Memory Module 2700 512mb (one chip)

That’s it. My problem is that I can not turn the system on. If I push the power button, on the case, nothing happens. I see the LED on the motherboard light up as soon as I turn on the power switch to the power supply. This LED on the Motherboard stays lit the whole time, but the system will not turn on. I've also tried switching the power switch connector around with no success.

Took the motherboard completely out of the case and placed it on it's foam pad and cardboard box, to make sure it's not grounding itself inside the case. Same thing. No power.

Any suggestions? What Should I Do?! Is there a way to kick the system on other than the case's power button?

Someone said I can bypass the case's power button but I have no idea how. Plus I'd rather it work right!

A response will be greatly appreciated,

Eric Bowman

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by shortbuss on 12/13/02 01:36 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Check the power switch lead again. Also check the two jumpers that are side by side. One is the cmos jumper, the other the "jumper mode" jumper. It's easy to get them mixed up when setting up the board. Make sure the dip switches are at the default setting; #1 on, the rest off. Make sure the toggle switch on the back of the power supply is on. Good luck.

shortbuss

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2002
Ok,

I made sure that my ATX 12V 4 Pin connector was connected (although I had it hooked up already). I've tried hooking up the power sw connector to the MB both ways into the panel connector. I have the JEN1 set of pins set to defualt or Jumperless Mode.

Doesn't that make it so I don't have to use the Dip switches that control CPU and DDR rates?

You say #1 on and the rest off? In the manual it has all of the switches set to off by defualt. I thought you had to leave these off if using jumperless mode. If this is not true or if I need to maually set these according to my CPU could someone please give me an explanation, on how to set the correct multiplier and speed. Not sure how to.

The toggle switch for the power supply is on.

Any suggestions now?

Thanks so much for the replies already!,

Eric B.

scarywoody

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Dude, I have the same motherboard as you. I dunno too much for manuals or what not, I always just turn [-peep-] on and see what happens. I have had this board for over a month now and its pretty dope. But as for the dip swith thingies, well I don't know if mine are off or on, or set to whatever. All I know is that they are all pointing toward the numbers, and not the words on the switch holder thingy. And my [-peep-] works just fine.