Netstumbler question

Version 4.0 of Netstumbler says it only works with Windows 2000, XP or
better. The laptop I want to run it on has Windows ME. Where can I find a
version of Netstumbler which will work with ME?

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 12:59:58 -0400, "jch" <JCH@nospam.com> wrote:

>Version 4.0 of Netstumbler says it only works with Windows 2000, XP or
>better.

I installed 0.4 on my WinME laptop and of course, it didn't work.
However, when I uninstalled it, the uninstall remove some important
Windoze ME file that broke my network. I forgot the exact name
(sorry) but it will be obvious when you get the error message
proclaiming it can't find a file.

>The laptop I want to run it on has Windows ME. Where can I find a
>version of Netstumbler which will work with ME?

The earlier 0.3.30 version works just fine in Win ME. Looks like
their download page no longer has older versions. I found the file
netstumbler_0_3_30.exe archived at:
http://www.zone-h.it/it/download/category=79/
Try at your own risk or ask in the Netstumbler forums for copy.

Santa Cruz CA 95060 AE6KS 831-336-2558

Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

If you go to the netstumbler site, there is another utility called
ministumbler. I think this works with Windoze ME

---

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 21:48:33 +0100, "pete" <trasher@aol.com> wrote:

>If you go to the netstumbler site, there is another utility called
>ministumbler. I think this works with Windoze ME
I thought that was for Windows CE, PocketPC. IPAQs, stuff like that.

Uh, yeah.
http://stumbler.net/readme/readme_Mini_0_4_0.html
For Windows CE. Not for ME or XP. Not for a computer. For a windows
OS PDA.

Steevo@my-deja.com wrote:
> Uh, yeah.
> http://stumbler.net/readme/readme_Mini_0_4_0.html
> For Windows CE. Not for ME or XP. Not for a computer. For a windows
> OS PDA.

For XP, use the same than for 2000... >_>

For ME, you just want to look for version 0.3.30

Aphrael...
--
"La demande mondiale d’ordinateurs n’excédera pas cinq machines."
(Thomas Watson, Fondateur d'IBM, 1945)

"Aphrael" <aphrael@isuisse.com> wrote in message
> Steevo@my-deja.com wrote:
> > Uh, yeah.
> > http://stumbler.net/readme/readme_Mini_0_4_0.html
> > For Windows CE. Not for ME or XP. Not for a computer. For a windows
> > OS PDA.
>
> For XP, use the same than for 2000... >_>
>
> For ME, you just want to look for version 0.3.30

Yes but that version doesn't work with Linksys cards (which my ME laptop
has).

jch wrote:
> "Aphrael" <aphrael@isuisse.com> wrote in message
>
>>Steevo@my-deja.com wrote:
>>
>>>Uh, yeah.
>>>http://stumbler.net/readme/readme_Mini_0_4_0.html
>>>For Windows CE. Not for ME or XP. Not for a computer. For a windows
>>>OS PDA.
>>
>>For XP, use the same than for 2000... >_>
>>
>>For ME, you just want to look for version 0.3.30
>

> Yes but that version doesn't work with Linksys cards (which my ME laptop
> has).

If I remember correctly (and I think I do) there is an intermediary
version or a patch...

Aphrael.
--

> jch wrote:
> > "Aphrael" <aphrael@isuisse.com> wrote in message

> >>For XP, use the same than for 2000... >_>
> >>
> >>For ME, you just want to look for version 0.3.30
> >

> > Yes but that version doesn't work with Linksys cards (which my ME
laptop
> > has).
>
> If I remember correctly (and I think I do) there is an intermediary
> version or a patch...
>
> Aphrael.
> --
> "La demande mondiale d’ordinateurs n’excédera pas cinq machines."
> (Thomas Watson, Fondateur d'IBM, 1945)

Thanks but according to the swell guys at NetStumbler.org, the earlier
version which works with Win ME doesn't handle the Linksys cards. The
current version works with Linksys but not with anything less than W2K.