Windows 2000 won't Boot after Installing XP : 2nd Request

I have a Dell PII-400 which was running 3 versions of Windows 2000: SP4, Sp3
and SP2.

I recently Upgraded the SP4 W2000 to XP Pro. The first time I booted into
XP, I got a stop error with BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO. A search
turned up article 283433 which told me to copy NTLDR and NTDETECT.COM
from \i386 on the XP CD, but this did not solve the issue, as I got another
stop error, but it went by too quickly for me to read it.

After a lot more searching, I re-installed XP over itself, and the XP
problem went away.

However, I now cannot boot into the Sp2 or Sp3 copies of Windows 2000.
When I try, I get the other message shown in 283433:
'
Windows 2000 could not start because the following is missing or corrupt:
\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM.'

I checked NTLDR and NTDETECT.COM, and both are the correct XP versions. I
cannot find anything when I search for 'Windows 2000 won't boot after Installing
Windows XP', only article 283433, which is 'Windows XP won't boot after
installing
Windows 2000'.

In summary:

I have WinXPSP1, Win2000SP2, and Win2000SP3, all in separate partitions,
but only WinXP is accessible. Boot.ini is correct, and worked before the
Upgrade.

Has anyone a solution?

Thanks,

Britt Dickson
2 answers Last reply
More about windows 2000 boot installing request

    You may have to run one of your other 2000 cd disks, and
    reestablish it's NTLDR to run in the XP NTLDR for
    multiboot applications ( it repairs the link of NTLDR in
    boot.ini)

    That is directly contrary to 283433, which says I need the XP NTLDR. ???

Windows 2000 Boot Windows XP