io have some new searchbar just appeared on my IE as well as an icon
fopr some link to a spyware removal tool for $30 (no thanks)

i have ran avg , spybot and trojanscan and removed all found files but
still have them. I also tried removing internet explorer and
reinstalling but it just wont let me.

can anyone help without being too technical as i'm a bit of a noob lol

--
BlueWolf

Hi,

Check these links for helpful advice on removing garbage:
http://aumha.org/a/noads.htm
http://aumha.org/win5/a/parasite.htm

Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"BlueWolf" <BlueWolf.1dbg0z@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> io have some new searchbar just appeared on my IE as well as an icon
> fopr some link to a spyware removal tool for $30 (no thanks)
>
> i have ran avg , spybot and trojanscan and removed all found files but
> still have them. I also tried removing internet explorer and
> reinstalling but it just wont let me.
>
> can anyone help without being too technical as i'm a bit of a noob lol
>

> --
> BlueWolf

Once removed. Download and install Mozilla Firefox. Set it as your default
browser.

"BlueWolf" wrote:

> io have some new searchbar just appeared on my IE as well as an icon
> fopr some link to a spyware removal tool for $30 (no thanks)
>
> i have ran avg , spybot and trojanscan and removed all found files but
> still have them. I also tried removing internet explorer and
> reinstalling but it just wont let me.
>
> can anyone help without being too technical as i'm a bit of a noob lol
>

> --
> BlueWolf

If you have the name of the search/ toolbar, write it
down, then you have to fnd the associated files in the
search on your task bar, as well as it's associated
registry entries and delete them (both the files and
registry entries).

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 18:21:08 -0700, "Jenifer D. Scot"
<jenifer_scot@hotmail.com> wrote:

adaware will probably get rid of it. If it's the one I'm thinking about, it is
especially nasty in that adaware grabs some stuff, but it puts some sort of
auto install at next boot up after the removal item on the drive that requires
a second run by adaware to completely remove it.