PSC1210 and 1210V

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.hp.hardware (More info?)

Wal-mart sells the V, and as far as I can see on Google nobody else
does. I was unable to find any side-by-side comparison.

Are these in fact the same printer, or if not how do they differ? Do
any software or other goodies come with one and not the other?

This would be my first inkjet as well as my first scanner. I don't
have any really demanding requirements, other than printing an
occasional business-size envelope.

(followups set to comp.sys.hp.hardware)

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
"If you raise three children who can knock out and hog-tie a
perfect stranger, you must be doing something right."

On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 11:15:35 -0400, Stan Brown
<the_stan_brown@fastmail.fm> wrote:

>Wal-mart sells the V, and as far as I can see on Google nobody else
>does. I was unable to find any side-by-side comparison.
>
>Are these in fact the same printer, or if not how do they differ? Do
>any software or other goodies come with one and not the other?
>
>This would be my first inkjet as well as my first scanner. I don't
>have any really demanding requirements, other than printing an
>occasional business-size envelope.
>
>(followups set to comp.sys.hp.hardware)

I have the 1210xi, they should be the same hardware, I think only the
software will be different. One thing to check is if it has a USB or
parallel port connection. That's the only difference that I know or.

Jeff

In article <MPG.1b36399fb413bd0098c593@news.odyssey.net>,
the_stan_brown@fastmail.fm says...
> Wal-mart sells the V, and as far as I can see on Google nobody else
> does. I was unable to find any side-by-side comparison.
>
> Are these in fact the same printer, or if not how do they differ? Do
> any software or other goodies come with one and not the other?
>
> This would be my first inkjet as well as my first scanner. I don't
> have any really demanding requirements, other than printing an
> occasional business-size envelope.
>
> (followups set to comp.sys.hp.hardware)

It's probably identical. To keep from pissing off other retailers, they
stuck the letter on and gave it a different model number so that somebody
couldn't go into CompUSA and try to price match WalMart (not that their
electronics prices are that much lower.)

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross

"Andrew Rossmann" <andysnewsreply@no_junk.comcast.net> wrote in
comp.sys.hp.hardware:
> It's probably identical. To keep from pissing off other retailers, they
>stuck the letter on and gave it a different model number so that somebody
>couldn't go into CompUSA and try to price match WalMart (not that their
>electronics prices are that much lower.)

Thanks to you and Jeffrey for your answers.

Your conjecture matches mine, but I was hoping somebody knew for
sure.

The 1210V price at Wal-mart isn't much better than the 1210 price on
the Internet, but I wouldn't have to pay shipping on it(*) and also
if I happen to get a bad one (unlikely with HP, I know) I can return
it more easily.

(*)Tax is a wash, since if I ordered from out of state I'd have to
pay New York's 8.25% "use tax" at the end of the year anyway.