Left hand shortcut/menu bar thing

September 29, 2004 8:09:04 AM

Help - someone was messing with my computer and has accidentally removed the
menu bar thing that was at the left hand side of the screen (the one in my
pictures which shows details of the picture and gives task suggestions and
stuff) - can anyone tell me how the heck to find it again and turn it back
on??? I am getting desparate now!
Anonymous
September 29, 2004 8:35:07 AM

After weeks of trying I finally sort it almost immediately after I post this
request!! In case anyone else has the problem -

Right click in clear area of 'my computer' page. Select properties,
advance, performance and choose the 'let windows choose' radial button!

"Terraincat" wrote:

> Help - someone was messing with my computer and has accidentally removed the
> menu bar thing that was at the left hand side of the screen (the one in my
> pictures which shows details of the picture and gives task suggestions and
> stuff) - can anyone tell me how the heck to find it again and turn it back
> on??? I am getting desparate now!
Anonymous
September 29, 2004 12:58:28 PM

Or...
Open Folder Options in Control Panel.
Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
Double-click Folder Options
On the General tab, under Tasks, click Show common tasks in folders.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:466743B9-C501-44FD-B7E8-9E4270EC1DC0@microsoft.com,