dick

Just upgraded from ME to XP home using the upgrade version.
Sounds dumb now, but I find that I don't have enought
memory for XP. Ordered more. In the meantime how do I
get back to ME. I went to add/remove programs but cannot
find win xp to uninstall. Now what?

Hi

Did you opt to save the uninstall files when upgrading? If not, you won't
be able to uninstall XP. You'll have to reformat the hard disk/partition
and then reinstall ME.

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Dick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Just upgraded from ME to XP home using the upgrade version.
> Sounds dumb now, but I find that I don't have enought
> memory for XP. Ordered more. In the meantime how do I
> get back to ME. I went to add/remove programs but cannot
> find win xp to uninstall. Now what?

dick

From Dumb and getting Dumber -- Thanks for your quick
answer, I appreciate your help. I don't recall, I just
followed the prompts. How do I tell if I did or not.

Dick

Hi

If there's no uninstall option in Add/Remove Programs for XP it would
suggest that the uninstall files were not saved.

--

> From Dumb and getting Dumber -- Thanks for your quick
> answer, I appreciate your help. I don't recall, I just
> followed the prompts. How do I tell if I did or not.
>
> Dick

Will Denny, thank you for your time and help. Now I find
myself saying some very uncomplimentary things about
myself. Lesson learned is to read each prompt before
hitting "next."

Dick

Dick;
I would not worry about it.
If you have Windows XP installed, you should at least have the minimum
of 64 MB or Windows XP would not have installed.
Your computer may be slow until you add the memory, but it should
still function.
Better to wait than go through the uninstall process knowing an
install is around the corner.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"Dick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Just upgraded from ME to XP home using the upgrade version.
> Sounds dumb now, but I find that I don't have enought
> memory for XP. Ordered more. In the meantime how do I
> get back to ME. I went to add/remove programs but cannot
> find win xp to uninstall. Now what?

Some people don't save those files because they can take up 200+ MBs of disk
space. Unfortunately, the option to uninstall XP goes at the same time.

--

Dick wrote:
> Just upgraded from ME to XP home using the upgrade version.
> Sounds dumb now, but I find that I don't have enought
> memory for XP. Ordered more. In the meantime how do I
> get back to ME. I went to add/remove programs but cannot
> find win xp to uninstall. Now what?

Click on or copy and paste the link below into your web browser address box.
Remove XP and install 98/Me
http://michaelstevenstech.com/xpfaq.html#how5

--
Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP