After downloading applications (ZDNet download) said to be
for WinXP, I get error message when I try to open the
program, that states it is ..."not a valid Win32
application". How do I install the application? Thanks,
Patt

You could try using compatibility mode. Right-click on the program and
select "Properties". Go to the "Compatibility" tab. Try the "Windows 98"
option, or, if that doesn't work, try another version. If that doesn't work,
then perhaps this really isn't a valid Win32 application...ZDNet apps are
submitted by other people and aren't entirely reliable or trustworthy.

Hope this helps,
Obi-Wan Kenobi

"Patt" wrote:

> After downloading applications (ZDNet download) said to be
> for WinXP, I get error message when I try to open the
> program, that states it is ..."not a valid Win32
> application". How do I install the application? Thanks,
> Patt

Any time you get an invalid win32 app, means you have a
critical file missing in the application for the program
to run. You must reinstall the program, and basically if
you downloaded the program ( try redownloading it,and run
a CRC [cyclical redundancy check to validate all packets
received and error free].

TRENDING THREADS