Sign in with
Your question

Micro Center has Intel i7 920 only $199.99 - back on sale

Last response: in Deals
August 1, 2009 2:45:07 AM

Core® i7 920 Processor Boxed - $199.99

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml...

[Edit: this is for in-store pickup only, as someone else pointed out to me or I would have included that point in the title]
August 10, 2009 9:15:25 AM

It is one per household BUT if there is a Frys in the same area then you can get a second there as they will pricematch (assuming they honor what they say, I've heard one person say that got Fry's to sell one for MC's price).
Related resources
August 15, 2009 4:29:53 AM

computernewbie said:
are these i7's all new?

When you go you have to ask for a i7 920 with "S-Spec: SLBEJ" which is D0 i7s
At the one I went to (Richardson Texas) he said they had a bunch of D0s.
August 15, 2009 5:14:22 AM

i know how to ask for the D0's, i mean are they open box or straight from manufactorer
August 15, 2009 6:33:58 AM

computernewbie said:
i know how to ask for the D0's, i mean are they open box or straight from manufactorer

Sorry didn't mean to offend you when you said "are they all new" i misunderstood you. They are brand new. Its a great deal I'm pretty sure they're just doing this to get their name out there. Come with a sticker that says "intel factory sealed" to keep it closed on one side, and on the other it has the intel batch, s-spec, and other info sticker.
August 15, 2009 3:11:40 PM

@chrissy Thanks, gonna go to long island and buy one ;]
August 16, 2009 2:55:38 AM

Thats a very good sounding deal... anybody have any idea of how long it will last?
August 16, 2009 6:34:16 AM

I'm pretty sure it'll last till they're phased out, I just realized, I think you must order it online with their in store pickup thing (you don't pay online, but you haft to give them all your info, and then go pick it up and pay for it at the store). does anyone know if you can just go there and get one for that price? I got mine by doing the ready in 18 minutes in store pickup, they'll have one waiting for you, but the one waiting for me was a C0 so I simply asked for a D0 (s-spec: slbej)
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml...
August 26, 2009 1:39:37 AM

This deal has been on for all summer and will probably continue to do so. No reason for them to put the i7 920 all summer long just to put it back to full price in the fall.

I walked into my local microcenter and picked one up for 200$ no problems. So no you do not need to order it online.
August 26, 2009 2:08:20 AM

K I wasn't sure cause when I went there they were labeled at like 350 or something so I didn't want someone to drive 3 hours only to be screwed.
August 26, 2009 5:36:57 AM

dsp9753 said:
This deal has been on for all summer and will probably continue to do so. No reason for them to put the i7 920 all summer long just to put it back to full price in the fall.

I walked into my local microcenter and picked one up for 200$ no problems. So no you do not need to order it online.

That might be. I just have no idea what they are doing. You can go to their website right now and not find the i7 920 even listed. I see no listing under Processors (although 7 others are listed), Computers, or Deals - no indication that Microcenter even stocks it. But if I search on their site specifically for the i7 920, or click the link provided above - then I find it. Its like they are hiding it for some strange reason - but why I know not. So I have no idea how long they might continue offering it for sale.
August 26, 2009 10:47:00 PM

Like I said - I have no idea what they are doing. I can see the page you listed and after that I can click on processors and continue to get the 17 listed on your page. Then I can open Firefox and click the same processor link on their home page and get a list of processors with only 7 - the same list I saw earlier today with IE - and that I have oftern seen in the past while checking to see if the sale was still on. I see when you select that link - it apparently initiates a search rather than having a hard link to a page - so maybe they have some problems with their search engine.
People just need to be aware so they use the link to the page or keep looking if they don't find it right away - and hopefully it is not reflecting that the sale has ended.
August 27, 2009 5:50:02 AM

you have to click on "intel private label", or use their search
September 3, 2009 2:43:17 AM

They also have the AMD 550 BE for $88
September 3, 2009 3:33:01 AM

I wonder if the 920 prices will drop if they release the new cpus on the 8th?
September 9, 2009 4:37:51 AM

itadakimasu said:
I wonder if the 920 prices will drop if they release the new cpus on the 8th?

so far, not really

ATTENTION!

If you having problems finding the cheap i7 920's, and all the other processors that are cheap, like the i5 and the i7 860, first you have to go to microcenter and select your location, it should be on the front page at the top, then go to Processors > Intel private labels, and youll find what your looking for
!