XP Pro password forgot!

Hi,
I was unable to use my laptop for almost a month and now
with a new adapter i am trying to run it i have forgotten
the password i had for my primary account? any way
possible for me to save my files under that account?
because i can still use my setup password and guest
account to use my pc, kindly help this is urgent thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about password forgot

    If it is your adminstrator file, it depends on how you
    set it up ( permissions wise) otherwise you can not
    access it, unless you do one thing I usually inform most
    end users to do ( create a second administrator account,
    has access to everything) and access it that way, then
    delete the account, and set up a new one.

    Hi

    Please try the following link:

    Will Denny
    MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Please reply to the News Groups

    "bob aston" <farrukhshan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I was unable to use my laptop for almost a month and now
    > with a new adapter i am trying to run it i have forgotten
    > the password i had for my primary account? any way
    > possible for me to save my files under that account?
    > because i can still use my setup password and guest
    > account to use my pc, kindly help this is urgent thanks.

Microsoft Windows XP