GA-8INXP needed in-stock

tek_35

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2002
Hey guys,
Just wondering if anyone knows of an online distributor that has the Gigabyte GA-8INXP mobo. actually in stock.
I've searched froogle.google.com and pricewatch and all the rest.
I'm just hoping somebody has a 'secret source' that truely has this motherboard for sale.
I'm building a new pc and trying to do it over the christmas season so that I can replace my older system and help my parents out with theirs.
Thanks for the help guys.

Also if anyone knows of a really good 400+W power supply that operates extremely well vs. the price, feel free to post under this thread as well.

halkebul

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2002
Hello. 8INXP is an awesome board but no one currently has it in stock. The earliest ETA of the 8INXP is Late December. So, you're looking at a Late Dec 2002/ Early January 2003 timeframe.

Also if anyone knows of a really good 400+W power supply that operates extremely well vs. the price, feel free to post under this thread as well.
Enermax EG465P-VE(FMA) 431W Power supply

<i>It's your world kid!!!</i>

livedistortion

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2002
Doesn't that E7205 chipset only allow for DDR266? It seemed that way from the THG review, they said they were disappointed in the performance. I wonder if the new Intel CPU's and chipsets will be worth the wait. What is the better chipset Springdale or Canterwood, one of those plus a 2.4Ghz CPU with the HT and 800mhz FSB sounds pretty sweet. How do you think an AMD 2600+ w/333FSB and DDR333 running synchronously would compare to the aforementioned system. I'm really interested in the new Intel stuff coming out, but on the other hand I'm so anxious to set up a new system. I'm not a huge gamer, so maybe even a modest system will do, although I do music production and photoshop as well. I also worry about some of these stability problems people are claiming with the A7NX. And also, someone said the IDE drivers stink when used with Windows 2K. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks

livedistortion

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2002
Seeing that the A7N8X is compatible with the Barton's and you usually get more bang for your buck with AMD, maybe that's a good way to go down the line. I guess I would just buy DDR400 instead of 333, but it won't run synchronous with the 2600+, is that a big deal?

halkebul

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2002
Doesn't that E7205 chipset only allow for DDR266?
<b>Officially</b> it supports up to Dual-Channel DDR266, but it is capable of much higher. <A HREF="http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/20021216/index.html" target="_new">A good read</A>. In the article and other articles it shows that motherboards with the E7205 chipset are capable of Dual-Channel DDR400 and 800MHz QDR FSB. As you increase the FSB, it distances itself further and further away from any other chipset.

halkebul

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2002
I guess I would just buy DDR400 instead of 333, but it won't run synchronous with the 2600+, is that a big deal?
Definitly a good decision. The modules that have the DDR400 tag can be run at any speed lower than that. So, a DDR400 module can be run at DDR333 speed. A DDR400 module may be able to run a little bit faster than DDR400 also. Therefore, it's not a big deal.

livedistortion

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2002
Thanks for the help thus far. I've seen you alot on this board and your posts have been helpful.

-regarding the E7205 when you mentioned Dual DDR400 and 800mhz FSB, did you mean overclocked?

-what would you do in my situation, wait for the new Intel stuff or go with the AMD and upgrade to a Barton when the price comes down. since the price of AMD is lower I would be getting a faster processor at any given price point, faster in Ghz, but the Intel may have the Hyperthreading and 800Mhz FSB, would the faster AMD compensate for the HT and FSB speed of the Intel.

-do you know anything about the IDE driver issue with Win2K and Nforce2

-do you know if the Springdale or Canterwood will be the better chipset?

Thanks for your time, if you can answer some or all questions I would greatly appreciate it. I know newbies can be annoying, but ya gotta learn sometime.

Thanks

halkebul

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2002
What is the better chipset Springdale or Canterwood, one of those plus a 2.4Ghz CPU with the HT and 800mhz FSB sounds pretty sweet. How do you think an AMD 2600+ w/333FSB and DDR333 running synchronously would compare to the aforementioned system.
Canterwood has "turbo mode" which means that it is highly optimized for DDR400. Should show a noticable performance over Springdale. I wouldn't wait for any of these chipsets though. Granite Bay can already provide the High bandwidth necessary to support future Intel Socket 478 800MHz QDR FSB processors.

livedistortion

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2002
Wouldn't Granite Bay have to be overclocked to run DDR400 and 800MhzFSB, I don't think I want to get into overclocking.

Thanks for all the help too!

halkebul

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2002
regarding the E7205 when you mentioned Dual DDR400 and 800mhz FSB, did you mean overclocked?
At this point, it would be used for overclocking. A Pentium4 2.4B overclocked to 3.06GHz would have a 680MHz QDR FSB and plenty of bandwidth provided by Dual-Channel DDR - blazing fast! In the future, 800MHz QDR FSB processors will be available and the extra abilities of granite bay will no longer be just for overclocking.

halkebul

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2002
what would you do in my situation, wait for the new Intel stuff or go with the AMD and upgrade to a Barton when the price comes down. since the price of AMD is lower I would be getting a faster processor at any given price point, faster in Ghz, but the Intel may have the Hyperthreading and 800Mhz FSB, would the faster AMD compensate for the HT and FSB speed of the Intel.
If you're on a budget and/or can't wait for granite bay, go for a setup based on a Asus A7N8X deluxe motherboard platform.

-do you know anything about the IDE driver issue with Win2K and Nforce2
I've heard about these issues also. Not sure of its' validity. Maybe someone else can speak to this.