no icons @beggining of the address bar

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

i have opera, netscape, xp2 as browsers. Dependening on how i feel for that
day it's the one i use. With opera, netscape, etc, if you look at the
address bar in their respective browsers you usually see logos of companies.
int. explorer has the blue e around the paper. with the previously mentioned
browsers you can see the companies logo right before the "http. " does
anyone know how to get these icons to show up in our address bar rather than
the lonely e?

also i know you can take pictures and make any icon somethink you want, but
i'm talking about real logos. mcdonalds and the arches, best buy and the
blue sign,
xm radio and the xm.

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

"chris" wrote:

> i have opera, netscape, xp2 as browsers. Dependening on how i feel for that
> day it's the one i use. With opera, netscape, etc, if you look at the
> address bar in their respective browsers you usually see logos of companies before the html.
> int. explorer has the blue e around the paper {internet explorer symbol} right before the html part of the address bar. with the previously mentioned
> browsers you can see the companies logo right before the "http. " does
> anyone know how to get these icons-trademarks & corp. logos- to show up in our address bar rather than the int explorer symbol.

> also i know you can take pictures and make any icon somethink you want, but
> i'm talking about real logos. mcdonalds and the arches, best buy and the
> blue sign,
> xm radio and the xm.
thanks for the help!!

chris wrote:
> i have opera, netscape, xp2 as browsers. Dependening on how i feel
> for that day it's the one i use. With opera, netscape, etc, if you
> look at the address bar in their respective browsers you usually see
> logos of companies. int. explorer has the blue e around the paper.
> with the previously mentioned browsers you can see the companies logo
> right before the "http. " does anyone know how to get these icons to
> show up in our address bar rather than the lonely e?
>
> also i know you can take pictures and make any icon somethink you
> want, but i'm talking about real logos. mcdonalds and the arches,
> best buy and the blue sign,
> xm radio and the xm.

Webmasters often create a 16x16 icon (named .favico in the root
directory), which users can save along with the site's link in their IE
Favorites to quickly identify the site. Favicons are stored in your
temporary Internet files. When you clear your Temp files, it clears the
icon. FavOrg will help you get back the icons as well as store and
organize them.

--
Kath Adams
MS MVP - Windows (IE/OE)

Kath Adams wrote:
> chris wrote:
>> i have opera, netscape, xp2 as browsers. Dependening on how i feel
>> for that day it's the one i use. With opera, netscape, etc, if you
>> look at the address bar in their respective browsers you usually see
>> logos of companies. int. explorer has the blue e around the paper.
>> with the previously mentioned browsers you can see the companies logo
>> right before the "http. " does anyone know how to get these icons to
>> show up in our address bar rather than the lonely e?
>>
>> also i know you can take pictures and make any icon somethink you
>> want, but i'm talking about real logos. mcdonalds and the arches,
>> best buy and the blue sign,
>> xm radio and the xm.
>
> Webmasters often create a 16x16 icon (named .favico in the root
> directory), which users can save along with the site's link in their
> IE Favorites to quickly identify the site. Favicons are stored in your
> temporary Internet files. When you clear your Temp files, it clears
> the icon. FavOrg will help you get back the icons as well as store and
> organize them.

Sorry, here's the link.

Kath Adams
MS MVP - Windows (IE/OE)
Not many people are named after plane crashes

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

thanks for your help!!

"chris" wrote:

> "chris" wrote:
>
> > i have opera, netscape, xp2 as browsers. Dependening on how i feel for that
> > day it's the one i use. With opera, netscape, etc, if you look at the
> > address bar in their respective browsers you usually see logos of companies before the html.
> > int. explorer has the blue e around the paper {internet explorer symbol} right before the html part of the address bar. with the previously mentioned
> > browsers you can see the companies logo right before the "http. " does
> > anyone know how to get these icons-trademarks & corp. logos- to show up in our address bar rather than the int explorer symbol.
>

> > also i know you can take pictures and make any icon somethink you want, but
> > i'm talking about real logos. mcdonalds and the arches, best buy and the
> > blue sign,
> > xm radio and the xm.
> thanks for the help!!

You're very welcome.