Sign in with
Your question

THE ZERG!

Last response: in Video Games
March 10, 2008 4:00:28 PM

I suggest waiting for the official higher quality videos, but you can find the crappy camcorder versions on youtube.

Here's a list of some units + descriptions, not sure how legit it is haven't really payed attention to SC2 lately.

http://kotaku.com/365732/starcraft-ii-official-zerg-fac...

http://www.starcraft2.com/ just got updated!

http://www.blizzplanet.com/?action=news&id=2179 Screenshots woot.

More about : zerg

March 10, 2008 9:23:26 PM

oh why must they tease us so ???

I want it now !
March 11, 2008 12:03:31 AM

omg omg omg omg omg sweet
Related resources
March 11, 2008 11:17:59 AM

Gametrailers has videos now (just not that intro..) but zerg vs terran and vs toss.

ULTRALISKS BURROW!

And if you're wondering what's that that's killing marines in 1 hit, it's the "new" queen. And she's in PMS.
March 11, 2008 4:02:31 PM

Lol I could imagine an Ultralisk burrow, that thing is so huge it might cause an earthquake in the map and half of your base disappears.
March 12, 2008 1:32:59 PM

stemnin said:
Gametrailers has videos now (just not that intro..) but zerg vs terran and vs toss.

ULTRALISKS BURROW!

And if you're wondering what's that that's killing marines in 1 hit, it's the "new" queen. And she's in PMS.

thats a scary picture :o 

an army of of terren or toss charging an apperently undefended zerg base, when BOOM a huge group of ultalisks pop out of the ground all around them and tear them apart :ouch: 
March 12, 2008 4:28:24 PM

Yeah, and the actually hit multiple enemies now (4 kaiser blades instead of 2, not sure if they hit 4 or 2 units).
March 12, 2008 5:02:26 PM

I cannot help it...
Oh no, ze Zerg are coming! :o 
March 12, 2008 8:44:47 PM

Where's samir duran?
March 13, 2008 3:21:52 AM

I shall avenge Raynor, death to Kerrigan!!
March 13, 2008 10:06:16 AM

FrozenGpu said:
Where's samir duran?

I really hope they tie up that loose end.
March 13, 2008 4:19:33 PM

saintones said:
I shall avenge Raynor, death to Kerrigan!!

Raynor? What happened to Jim Raynor, or did I miss something?

I remember Duke and Fenix got the axe, but Raynor was still alive at the end of Starcraft Broodwars.
March 13, 2008 4:54:01 PM

sailer said:

I remember Duke and Fenix got the axe, but Raynor was still alive at the end of Starcraft Broodwars.

He probably means her betrayel, she did kill Fenix, his protoss best friend.
March 13, 2008 8:28:42 PM

sailer said:

I remember Arcturus mengsk and duke being alive at the nd of brood wars...

Jim raynor is still alive, inf act they gon into deep detail on teh SC2 wesbtie about what he did after brood wars...

fenix did die though...or did he?

DA DA DA DA!!!!!!??!?!
March 13, 2008 11:25:30 PM

FrozenGpu said:
I remember Arcturus mengsk and duke being alive at the nd of brood wars...

fenix did die though...or did he?

DA DA DA DA!!!!!!??!?!

In the Zerg level, "True Colors", both Duke and Fenix were killed.
March 14, 2008 1:33:37 AM

sailer said:
In the Zerg level, "True Colors", both Duke and Fenix were killed.

I'm starting to remember now, I'm gonna have to beat that mission again looks like...
March 14, 2008 2:32:15 PM

FrozenGpu said:
I'm starting to remember now, I'm gonna have to beat that mission again looks like...

Me to I think that I'll have to play the originals again, its been so long that I am starting to forget some of what happened
March 14, 2008 11:28:55 PM

hmm, interesting, i think ill do just that, but I wonder if starcraft will play well in vista? Whne I originally beat starcraft and broodwars it was in xp or win98 I think, and I was using a small CRT wiht 800*600, I wonder if it will use the whole 22" lcd i use now at 1680*1050?????
March 15, 2008 12:31:26 AM

I have watched the HD Terran gameplay video so many times. Can't wait for this game.
March 15, 2008 1:25:59 PM

FrozenGpu said:
hmm, interesting, i think ill do just that, but I wonder if starcraft will play well in vista? Whne I originally beat starcraft and broodwars it was in xp or win98 I think, and I was using a small CRT wiht 800*600, I wonder if it will use the whole 22" lcd i use now at 1680*1050?????

I have a 22" LCD widescreen and Starcraft fits just fine. Have not tried it with Vista, but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work with Vista. Then again, you never know until its tried.

Pauldh- I can't wait for this game either. But what can we do? We'll wait, and wait, and wait,...until its finally released.
March 15, 2008 2:26:36 PM

infornography42 said:
I really hope they tie up that loose end.

Duran is one of the ancients. The protoss are one half of the Xel' Naga's DNA, the Zerg are the other. You mix the two, and you get the super-race. That's what was going on at the end of Brood War. Duran was on an outpost helping humans to mix the two.

Kerrigan will be the special one as she will be the first to throw humanity's genetic code into the mix. I expect to see a full-on 4th race late in the game, much like the WC3 night elves were kept secret until right before release.
March 15, 2008 5:09:32 PM

jkflipflop98 said:
Duran is one of the ancients. The protoss are one half of the Xel' Naga's DNA, the Zerg are the other. You mix the two, and you get the super-race. That's what was going on at the end of Brood War. Duran was on an outpost helping humans to mix the two.

Kerrigan will be the special one as she will be the first to throw humanity's genetic code into the mix. I expect to see a full-on 4th race late in the game, much like the WC3 night elves were kept secret until right before release.

I'm semi hoping the Xel'Naga are one PO'd species, come back and kick some ass on their "kids" lol.. but I doubt that would happen, they'll prob just continue the experiments.
March 15, 2008 5:18:02 PM

jkflipflop98 said:

I had understood that Duran was an infested human, not an ancient, though he was seemingly being used by the ancients in an effort to recombine the Zerg and the Prostoss. Then again, many things were left unanswered.
March 19, 2008 2:12:13 PM

If you notice in the Zerg trailer, Kerrigan looks like a half-zerg half-protoss.
March 19, 2008 4:11:04 PM

jkflipflop98 said:
If you notice in the Zerg trailer, Kerrigan looks like a half-zerg half-protoss.

I guess my aged eyes couldn't see quite that well, or the trailer was just too dark and small for me or something. Still doesn't make sense to me, as Kerrigan was a crossbreed Human-Zerg, while the Xel-Naga would be more of a cross Protoss-Zerg. But I guess things don't have to make sense. Its a game and the makers of the game can do anything they want.
March 19, 2008 5:39:38 PM

The secret is that the Xel Naga ARE the humans.

Dun Dun DUN!
March 19, 2008 8:14:59 PM

infornography42 said:
The secret is that the Xel Naga ARE the humans.

Dun Dun DUN!

where does that leave the terrans?

B/c I once read that the terrans are actually considered the cousins of humans, so are The United Earth Directorate considered humans or terrans?
March 19, 2008 8:20:38 PM

The United Earth Directorate was the home of the terrans. In other words, humans from earth originally set out to colonize the terran planets, where we found Duke, Jim Raynor, Mengsk, etc. That was why when the UED first ran into the terrans, Duke replied that they hadn't heard from earth for years, and what was earth doing way out there?
March 19, 2008 11:56:19 PM

Terrans are humans. At that point in the story, the UED has grown to encompass many, many starsystems. The events of Starcraft happen in the galactic outer-belt of the human empire that's tons of lightyears from Earth. That's why they say they haven't seen Terrans from Earth, because it's such a long ways away.
March 20, 2008 12:00:55 AM

Terrans are considered the "cousins" of humans because as humanity spent more and more time in Zero-G during the course of the space revolution, we evolve. Your legs get shorter and weaker as your arms and torso gets bigger and stronger. Why? You don't need to walk in space, you just grab something solid and fling yourself from point to point.
!