• PC gaming
  • GPUs
  • Computers
  • Crysis
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
March 10, 2008 8:17:46 PM

Hi .. im new to toms hardware forums .. sooo HEY !! =D

kk well im going to buy crysis soon ... but i dont want to buy it and then my computer doenst handle it ..
i did the only lab analysis .. and passed everything, both min and recemeneded

the only thing i didnt pass was my GPU and my CPU ...
but the thing is .. i didnt pass my CPU cuz it wasnt a dual ... but it said i need at least 3.2 (with vista) to play it .. and i have 3.4 GHz .. and i even over clocked it to 3.8 ...

also i didnt pass the GPU cuz i had 8600 GT ... but the thing is .. i have 2 GPU cards with sli technolgy on
AND i over clocked my GPU from 540MHz to 700 MHz and the memory of the GPU from 400 MHz to 475 MHz

SO over all heres my specs

Intel P4 ( hyperthreading technogoly ) 3.8 GHz
DUAL nVidia GeForce 8600 GT ( over clocked ( 540-700Mhz, 400-475MHz memory)
Vista Home basic

so do you guys think crysis can run on it ? ... and if soo .. what kinda settings and resultion can i run it on ?

thanks in advance =]

More about : computer run crysis

March 10, 2008 8:24:15 PM

sure it can, my previous PC a P4 2.8 with 1G Ram and a X800XT could, depends a lot on the details you want and how far you wanne go lowering res

but don't expect to set the rez higher than 1280*1024 and medium graphics; any ways somebody with almost the same specs as your PC can tll beter

Crysis rox
March 10, 2008 8:43:47 PM

aww only medium .. what bout the anti aiasling or we its called how much can i go up
?

Related resources
March 10, 2008 8:59:00 PM

Don't even think about AA lol

Try the demo.
March 10, 2008 9:02:47 PM

Maybe at 1024x768 -w- medium settings. The OS and the CPU are going to be your real bottlenecks.
March 10, 2008 9:45:00 PM

Hey, it ran at over 30fps on my Athlon XP 2500+ with 1GB of ram and a Radeon 9700 Pro 128MB (under minimum requirements). Didn't look anywhere near as pretty as on my E4300/8800 though.
March 10, 2008 10:08:28 PM

Crysis sucks majorly, it wouldnt run very well, in about 10 years people will be able to run it on full but by then everyone would of played it on lower settings so its pointless..........
March 10, 2008 11:18:56 PM

yea i know wtf why didnt think of us .. we cant afford a 5 thoudsand dollar computer >:( 
March 11, 2008 1:17:31 AM

uk_gangsta said:
Crysis sucks majorly, it wouldnt run very well, in about 10 years people will be able to run it on full but by then everyone would of played it on lower settings so its pointless..........

Ive decided not to play it again until something can power it at max settings.

March 11, 2008 2:28:44 AM

come on! playing it at medium is not bad at all!! some of the sequences are just great!! and you'll enjoy having the game as a benchmark as you upgrade components on your pc over the years. We have become spoiled into thinking that unless you max out a game, it won't look good, which is not true.
March 11, 2008 11:54:16 AM

lmfaoo i think i might do what dev1se did ......
cuz i wanna play it at its fullest ...
i played the demo

and on high setting it worked fine ...
but then once i put the rev all the way to 1200x 1045 or somthngi like that
it started lagging
but now its on meduim with 1200x 1045 but as soon as i put x2 on the anti ailsins or w.e its called.
my computer laggs
which SUCKS .. cuz i heard you have to have anit aliasing on for it to look smooth . is that true ?
March 11, 2008 12:32:33 PM

The problem with the whole "not letting it max out until years down the road" is that Crysis will look very dated in a year or two. Think about when Doom3 came out, and all the fanfare about the graphics and shadows. If you look at it now it looks pretty dated compared to modern games. I've yet to go back and play games in max settings just to enjoy the eyecandy after I've upgraded. By that point I've usually moved onto the next game.

Skip Crysis, grab any of the following for a much better single player FPS experience, and WAY better multiplayer:

Bioshock
Orange Box
COD4
March 11, 2008 4:59:32 PM

Like Stemnin said...try the demo. If you like what you see then there's much more where that came from in the full version of the game. The patch 1.2 helps with SLI performance...it might give you a few extra FPS.

I actually loved Crysis for its visuals and the engine was like nothing I have seen before. It's a great game and you get a much more realistic feel then most of the latest games. That being said, I wouldn't play Crysis at anything less than everything at High settings (In XP)...some enjoy medium settings but you be the judge.

***Edited - I just noticed you run VISTA... forget about high settings and 20+FPS with your system. You simply won't run it well enough***

But like Crom said, with your system, you might want to consider COD4 as a substitute.
March 11, 2008 10:07:54 PM

okay then ill forget bout crysis ..
but can this shyty computer atleast handle COD4? on high settings ?.. or still this computer isnt good enough ?
March 11, 2008 10:19:22 PM

moesgone said:
okay then ill forget bout crysis ..
but can this shyty computer atleast handle COD4? on high settings ?.. or still this computer isnt good enough ?

I'm pretty sure you'd be fine. You might want to look at benchmarks of COD4 with various GPUs to give you an Idea where you stand FPS-wise. Same applies for any other games such as crysis. Thou, keep in mind you'll have a lower FPS than these benchmarks because you have a single CPU (non-multicore) which will affect certain games (especially recent releases).
August 20, 2011 9:28:51 PM

crom said:
The problem with the whole "not letting it max out until years down the road" is that Crysis will look very dated in a year or two. Think about when Doom3 came out, and all the fanfare about the graphics and shadows. If you look at it now it looks pretty dated compared to modern games. I've yet to go back and play games in max settings just to enjoy the eyecandy after I've upgraded. By that point I've usually moved onto the next game.

Skip Crysis, grab any of the following for a much better single player FPS experience, and WAY better multiplayer:

Bioshock
Orange Box
COD4

Crysis 2 is out now on console, so grab that
August 20, 2011 10:04:55 PM

Crysis is a landmark game and anyone who is a fan of FPS should at least check out the demo to see if it is something they'll dig.

COD 4 isn't a dot on a line compared to Crysis, multiplayer (Crysis Wars, anyway) and especially single player.....unless you love excruciatingly dull corridor shooting and a mostly static, boring game environment - then get COD.

The player and gun-play mechanics in Crysis are superb, and make even a lot of modern FPS's feel crippled by comparison. The feel is perfect, and if you like multiplayers that actually take advantage of those attributes and reward skill, than Crysis Wars is excellent.

I wished developers still pushed hardware and tried to innovate like Crytek was doing back in 2007. I really don't think a lot of people have any idea how amazing CryEngine2 was, or for that matter still is....the physics engine within it alone is pretty amazing. People just whined and whined and whined that they couldn't max the settings and run the game on their machine.....so then Crysis dumbs down everything about the game for Crysis 2 and then the PC crowd whines again. I'm beginning to think developers are going to get slammed either way. They push hardware - PC gamers bitch.....they respond by dumbing it down - PC gamers bitch.

The main areas I see Crysis beginning to look dated are with the character modelling and in-game animation, but the environment and rendering of vegetation still look downright amazing to me - especially with the mods available now.

August 21, 2011 1:14:42 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!