Microsoft Installer pops up at bootup - 3 times????

Jim

A new problem just cropped up recently in XP Pro on my Thinkpad
laptop. When I boot up, a window opens up on the desktop telling me
MICROSOFT INSTALLER is running and trying to install Microsoft
Publisher 2002. So I click on CANCEL to stop the install. This
happens THREE times, then the rest of the normal items come up as
usual. I used MSCONFIG to try disabling OFFICE startup, it had no
effect. I can't find anything in the STARTUP items, even went into
the registry where startup items are located, nothing seems related
to the problem.

Any suggestions on how I can trace where this problem is located and
how to fix it?

Thanks

Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Jim" wrote:

| A new problem just cropped up recently in XP Pro on my Thinkpad
| laptop. When I boot up, a window opens up on the desktop telling me
| MICROSOFT INSTALLER is running and trying to install Microsoft
| Publisher 2002. So I click on CANCEL to stop the install. This
| happens THREE times, then the rest of the normal items come up as
| usual. I used MSCONFIG to try disabling OFFICE startup, it had no
| effect. I can't find anything in the STARTUP items, even went into
| the registry where startup items are located, nothing seems related
| to the problem.
|
| Any suggestions on how I can trace where this problem is located and
| how to fix it?
|
| Thanks

Jim

Thank you, that did the trick. MANY thanks....
Jim

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 07:33:33 -0500, "Carey Frisch [MVP]"
<cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com> wrote:

>Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301

TRENDING THREADS