How old are you?!!

Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us passed
the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.

I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line game. Its
funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or at least
that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.

What is your take on this?
132 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware

    "dsommerfeld" <dsommerfeld@rogers.com> wrote in message
    > Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
    > Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us passed
    > the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.

    I'm in "the" age group, 19. Been playing since d1 in 98ish. Got it when I
    was 12... so yeah 98 summer. That's pry why I like CE so much.

    > I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line game. Its
    > funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or at
    > least that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
    >
    > What is your take on this?

    They probably act shocked in order to cover it up. The thing is, you're
    never too old to have a bit of fun. My kids are going to play video games
    with me, unless they don't like 'em (dunno wtf would be wrong with them
    then...). I was deprived of NES, etc back in the day, now I got 120+ NES, 30
    n64, 20+ SNES, 30 Genesis, 5 PS1, 15 intellivision 2 games, etc etc etc.
    Have something like 13 total systems (Sega Nomad being my favorite if I
    could find the car adapter... UGH) just can't beat a portable genesis... so
    yeah, that's why people don't admit them playing video games, since they
    think it's for "kids" and they don't want to be thought of as immature in
    the workplace since that MIGHT hurt them in their minds...

    Thanks,

    Brandon

    *n2trains-bot (CHAT CLIENT)

    "dsommerfeld" <dsommerfeld@rogers.com> wrote in message
    > Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
    > Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us passed
    > the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
    >
    > I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line game. Its
    > funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or at
    > least that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
    >
    > What is your take on this?

    40 here grew up on video games don't see any reason to stop now 8D I don't
    give a flying F*** what anyone else thinks about my choices or my life, I
    can think of worse things to do with my leisure time. LOL

    --
    In a World Full of Insanity
    Here I Stand.

    I think it was "dsommerfeld" <dsommerfeld@rogers.com> that wrote
    something like...

    >Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
    >Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us passed
    >the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.

    I'm 25.

    >I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line game. Its
    >funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or at least
    >that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
    >
    >What is your take on this?

    Eh. I can't see myself stopping my gaming anytime soon, but I suppose
    I may not play so much if something else distracts me.

    Ashen Shugar
    The moon by day, and the sun by night.
    Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
    Let the Lord of Chaos rule!

    deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au (Ashen Shugar) wrote in

    > I think it was "dsommerfeld" <dsommerfeld@rogers.com> that wrote
    > something like...
    >
    >>Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
    >>Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us
    >>passed the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
    >
    > I'm 25.
    >
    >>I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line game.
    >>Its funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or
    >>at least that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
    >>
    >>What is your take on this?
    >
    > Eh. I can't see myself stopping my gaming anytime soon, but I suppose
    > I may not play so much if something else distracts me.
    >
    > Ashen Shugar

    A true Diablo hobbiest will NEVER allow ANYTHING to distract us.

    Diane

    "Diane" <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au (Ashen Shugar) wrote in
    >
    >> I think it was "dsommerfeld" <dsommerfeld@rogers.com> that wrote
    >> something like...
    >>
    >>>Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
    >>>Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us
    >>>passed the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
    >>
    >> I'm 25.
    >>
    >>>I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line game.
    >>>Its funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or
    >>>at least that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
    >>>
    >>>What is your take on this?
    >>
    >> Eh. I can't see myself stopping my gaming anytime soon, but I suppose
    >> I may not play so much if something else distracts me.
    >>
    >> Ashen Shugar
    >
    > A true Diablo hobbiest will NEVER allow ANYTHING to distract us.
    >
    > Diane
    HA!

    Unfortunate but true ;-)

    snip

    n2trains wrote:
    > "dsommerfeld" <dsommerfeld@rogers.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
    >>Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us passed
    >>the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
    >

    > I'm in "the" age group, 19. Been playing since d1 in 98ish. Got it when I
    > was 12... so yeah 98 summer. That's pry why I like CE so much.
    >

    >>I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line game. Its
    >>funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or at
    >>least that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
    >>
    >>What is your take on this?

    For some reason I never saw the original post, so I sniped and will
    reply here.

    I am 44 and have also been playing since original Diablo. I may not
    play everyday, or all day when I do play, but I do enjoy what time I do
    have to play.

    I dont think it is the right thing to do to play games of any kind while
    at work, unless your on a break, or the boss knows you play and is ok
    with it. For those of you that play when you are supposed to be
    working, you are stealing from the company. Thats the bottom line as I
    see it.

    "dsommerfeld" <dsommerfeld@rogers.com> wrote in message
    > Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
    > Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us passed
    > the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.

    I'm 24.

    > I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line game. Its
    > funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or at
    least
    > that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
    >
    > What is your take on this?

    Ah, they're in the closet.

    "flame_thrower" <skankyxwhore400@charter.net> wrote in news:69bVd.32629
    $SF.3515@lakeread08:

    > "Diane" <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >> deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au (Ashen Shugar) wrote in
    >>
    >>> I think it was "dsommerfeld" <dsommerfeld@rogers.com> that wrote
    >>> something like...

    >>> I'm 25.

    >>> Eh. I can't see myself stopping my gaming anytime soon, but I
    suppose
    >>> I may not play so much if something else distracts me.
    >>>
    >>> Ashen Shugar
    >>
    >> A true Diablo hobbiest will NEVER allow ANYTHING to distract us.
    >>
    >> Diane
    > HA!

    That's it? That's all you have to say? Sheesh.

    Diane

    dsommerfeld wrote:
    > Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
    > Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us
    passed
    > the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
    >
    > I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line game.
    Its
    > funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or at
    least
    > that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
    >
    > What is your take on this?

    41? Just a kid, eh?

    I'm 52, been playing Diablo for 8 years now, and played with a few
    people who think *I* am a kid :)

    Mickey

    Diane wrote:
    > "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in news:1109774620.881437.309690
    > @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:
    >

    > > dsommerfeld wrote:
    > >> Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on
    Diablo.
    > >> Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us
    > > passed
    > >> the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
    > >>
    > >> I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line
    game.
    > > Its
    > >> funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or
    at
    > > least
    > >> that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
    > >>
    > >> What is your take on this?
    > >
    > > 41? Just a kid, eh?
    > >
    > > I'm 52, been playing Diablo for 8 years now, and played with a few
    > > people who think *I* am a kid :)
    > >
    > > Mickey
    > >

    > what month were you born?

    On the summer solstice, 1952 (which was on June, 20 that year).

    Mickey

    "dsommerfeld" <dsommerfeld@rogers.com> wrote in message
    > Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
    > Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us passed
    > the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
    >
    > I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line game. Its
    > funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or at
    least
    > that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
    >
    > What is your take on this?

    I'll take the 50+, although I've been told I don't look a day over 82 :-)
    I've been playing D1 since it came out, but I didn't start playing online
    untill I found this newsgroup.

    wizofwas

    "dsommerfeld" <dsommerfeld@rogers.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
    > Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us passed
    > the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
    >
    > I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line game. Its
    > funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or at
    > least that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
    >
    > What is your take on this?

    And I thought I was too old to play d2 at the tender age of 33... although
    the oldest player i know is my father (64). Sadly, I have to say that,
    regardless of age, most players (at least in europe realm) act as 12 years
    old...

    dsommerfeld wrote:
    > What is your take on this?

    I'm turning 35 this year. Been playing games since 1985, when I got my first
    ZX Spectrum +... Playing LoD on-line only for 4 years, since I moved to
    better developed country which provides affordable broadband access.
    Now looking at WoW ("demo" version on "private" servers, just started but
    looking great). Will be playing at least till the baby is born (in
    September), we will see what happens next...
    Same experience with colleagues from my office... funny faces whenever I
    mention my.. hmm.. addiction. They all preffer to sit in the "knaipen" and
    watch this miserable (recently) Bundesliga and drink what they call "beer"
    here!
    --
    *dzid_pl_hc - D2XEuHCL
    *dzid_pl - D2XEuL

    On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 18:43:51 -0500, "dsommerfeld"
    <dsommerfeld@rogers.com> wrote:

    >Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
    >Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us passed
    >the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.

    I am 32, played Diablo II LOD for about 2-1/2 years. I think I am
    pretty much done with the game now though. I log on to Bnet, and I am
    bored within 20 minutes :(

    Justin

    <snip>

    wizofwas wrote:
    > "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > >
    > > dsommerfeld wrote:
    > > > Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on
    Diablo.
    > > > Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of
    us
    > > passed
    > > > the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
    > > >
    > > > I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line
    game.
    > > Its
    > > > funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games
    or at
    > > least
    > > > that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
    > > >
    > > > What is your take on this?
    > >
    > > 41? Just a kid, eh?
    > >
    > > I'm 52, been playing Diablo for 8 years now, and played with a few
    > > people who think *I* am a kid :)
    > >
    > But Mickey, you are just a kid. :)

    Don't I know it, having played for 8 years with Ilona and for 4 years
    with Tom. They are both well into their 60s. I know Ruben is also
    around our age.

    Mickey

    Peter James wrote:
    > On 2 Mar 2005 06:43:40 -0800, "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote:
    >

    > >dsommerfeld wrote:
    > >> Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on
    Diablo.
    > >> Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us
    > >passed
    > >> the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
    > >>
    > >> I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line
    game.
    > > Its
    > >> funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or
    at
    > >least
    > >> that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
    > >>
    > >> What is your take on this?
    > >
    > >41? Just a kid, eh?
    > >
    > >I'm 52, been playing Diablo for 8 years now, and played with a few
    > >people who think *I* am a kid :)
    > Well, I just have to place my hand on my heart and admit to 67. Only
    > discovered Diablo II last year, and been playing it since. But my
    > god, it's put years on me. Still can't get past Duriel, but I'll
    keep
    > trying.

    As the old saying goes, you're only as old as the woman you feel :)

    Mickey

    Diane wrote:
    > "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in news:1109795417.509757.26910
    > @o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:
    >

    > > Peter James wrote:

    > > Diablo.

    > > game.
    > > at

    > >> Well, I just have to place my hand on my heart and admit to 67.
    Only
    > >> discovered Diablo II last year, and been playing it since. But my
    > >> god, it's put years on me. Still can't get past Duriel, but I'll
    > > keep
    > >> trying.
    > >
    > > As the old saying goes, you're only as old as the woman you feel :)
    > >
    > > Mickey
    > >

    > Or, you realize how old you're getting when what you're feeling has
    > relocated itself to the navel area.

    Ah, the old "tuck em into the belt" thing... happy happy joy joy.....

    Mickey

    > "flame_thrower" <skankyxwhore400@charter.net> wrote in news:69bVd.32629
    > $SF.3515@lakeread08:
    >

    > > "Diane" <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > >> deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au (Ashen Shugar) wrote in

    > game.
    > or
    > play.

    > suppose

    > >> A true Diablo hobbiest will NEVER allow ANYTHING to distract us.
    > >>
    > >> Diane
    > > HA!
    > >

    > That's it? That's all you have to say? Sheesh.

    Be nice, Dan is "special"

    :)

    "dsommerfeld" <dsommerfeld@rogers.com> wrote in message
    > Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
    > Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us passed
    > the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
    >
    > I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line game. Its
    > funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or at
    > least that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
    >
    > What is your take on this?

    This question has come around a few times in the last few years. I always
    manage to be the oldest player, making even Mickey look like a young
    whippersnapper! :-)
    I've been playing computer games ever since the C-64 was first released, and
    got D-1 the first month it was released.

    Although I have other hobbies (and still work, to support them), my online
    gaming has mostly been Diablo, Diablo II, or Diablo II LOD. Carpal Tunnel
    problems in my wrists have made me reduce my gaming a bunch.

    Oh, age? Born a few months after Japan surrendered, ending WWII, you do the
    math.

    Ruben

    "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in message

    > dsommerfeld wrote:
    > > Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
    > > Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us
    > passed
    > > the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
    > >
    > > I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line game.
    > Its
    > > funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or at
    > least
    > > that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
    > >
    > > What is your take on this?
    >
    > 41? Just a kid, eh?
    >
    > I'm 52, been playing Diablo for 8 years now, and played with a few
    > people who think *I* am a kid :)

    But Mickey, you are just a kid. :)

    wizofwas

    "Whitedog" <jroyer2@worldnet.att.net> wrote in news:3gjVd.93386
    $Th1.69633@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

    > "Diane" <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >> "flame_thrower" <skankyxwhore400@charter.net> wrote in
    >> $SF.3515@lakeread08:
    >>

    >> > "Diane" <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> wrote in message

    Diablo.

    >> game.
    >> or
    >> play.

    >> suppose

    >> > HA!
    >> >

    >> That's it? That's all you have to say? Sheesh.
    >
    > Be nice, Dan is "special"
    >
    >:)

    I have a place in my heart for "special" people.

    "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in news:1109774620.881437.309690
    @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

    > dsommerfeld wrote:
    >> Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
    >> Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us
    > passed
    >> the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
    >>
    >> I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line game.
    > Its
    >> funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or at
    > least
    >> that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
    >>
    >> What is your take on this?
    >
    > 41? Just a kid, eh?
    >
    > I'm 52, been playing Diablo for 8 years now, and played with a few
    > people who think *I* am a kid :)
    >
    > Mickey

    what month were you born?

    EvilBill wrote:

    > I'm 26 and I'm sure I'm not the only one who's sick of the
    12-year-olds (or
    > people who act like particularly immature 12-year-olds) on
    Battle.nuts. <g>

    > There is no spoon.
    >
    > EvilBill - http://evilbill.50megs.com/index.html
    > My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/
    > Jack of Hearts of the Eeeevil Trek Cabal (TINC)

    hehe yeah 13 year olds are MUCH more mature :)

    Kaytie

    n2trains wrote:

    > I'm in "the" age group, 19. Been playing since d1 in 98ish. Got it when I
    > was 12... so yeah 98 summer. That's pry why I like CE so much.

    Does it feel more like D1 then D2? 'cause if it is I might have to give
    it a try. :-)

    > I was deprived of NES, etc back in the day,

    Time to sue your parents! ;-) Seriously though, my NES was probably the
    greatest/awesomest/bestest present my parents ever got me and the only
    one older then a year or so that I still have.

    Sjoerd

    "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in news:1109782482.778209.280050
    @o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

    > Diane wrote:
    >> "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in news:1109774620.881437.309690
    >> @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

    > Diablo.
    >> > passed

    > game.
    >> > Its
    > at
    >> > least

    >> > 41? Just a kid, eh?
    >> >
    >> > I'm 52, been playing Diablo for 8 years now, and played with a few
    >> > people who think *I* am a kid :)
    >> >
    >> > Mickey
    >> >

    >> what month were you born?
    >
    > On the summer solstice, 1952 (which was on June, 20 that year).
    >
    > Mickey

    Ack, I'm still older than you!!! Such an old woman am I.

    Diane

    Justin L <leejustice2@hotmail.com> wrote in

    > On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 18:43:51 -0500, "dsommerfeld"
    > <dsommerfeld@rogers.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
    >>Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us
    >>passed the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
    >
    > I am 32, played Diablo II LOD for about 2-1/2 years. I think I am
    > pretty much done with the game now though. I log on to Bnet, and I am
    > bored within 20 minutes :(
    >
    > Justin
    >
    > <snip>

    Have you tried the mod Chaos Empire? Nothing boring about that one my
    dear.

    Diane

    After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw>
    "dsommerfeld" <dsommerfeld@rogers.com> wrote

    >Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
    >Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us passed
    >the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.

    I can't remember how old I am at the moment, and I don't really feal like
    finding out. Once I reached my 21st birthday I figured I can tell people that
    I'm old enough to drink, and then promptly forgot how old I was.

    Like I think I said in another post: I'm growing older but not up. :-)
    --
    no, i didn't forget the 'F's
    http://www.geocities.com/jerk_o2002

    dsommerfeld <dsommerfeld@rogers.com> typed as if devouring a plate of
    spoo:
    > Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
    > Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us
    > passed the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
    >
    > I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line game.
    > Its funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games
    > or at least that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I
    > play.
    > What is your take on this?

    I'm 26 and I'm sure I'm not the only one who's sick of the 12-year-olds (or
    people who act like particularly immature 12-year-olds) on Battle.nuts. <g>

    There is no spoon.

    EvilBill - http://evilbill.50megs.com/index.html
    My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/
    Jack of Hearts of the Eeeevil Trek Cabal (TINC)

    On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 18:43:51 -0500, "dsommerfeld"
    <dsommerfeld@rogers.com> wrote:

    >Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
    >Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us passed
    >the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.

    49 here; played Pong as a teen if that counts (look it up). Playing
    PC games since getting Wizardry I for my Apple II+ clone (look that
    up, too).

    >I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line game. Its
    >funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or at least
    >that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
    >
    >What is your take on this?

    Do they watch TV?

    -- Roy L

    On that special day, dsommerfeld, (dsommerfeld@rogers.com) said...

    > What is your take on this?

    I am still 43. My mom, which played until patch 1.09 (she doesn't like
    1.10, which is way too hard for her, as her hands aren't that well for
    constantly switching skills) is 70.

    Gabriele Neukam

    Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de

    just so, at no cost.

    On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 19:13:04 +0100, Gabriele Neukam
    <Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de> wrote:

    >On that special day, dsommerfeld, (dsommerfeld@rogers.com) said...
    >
    >> What is your take on this?
    >
    >I am still 43. My mom, which played until patch 1.09 (she doesn't like
    >1.10, which is way too hard for her, as her hands aren't that well for
    >constantly switching skills) is 70.

    Way to go, Mom!!

    -- Roy L

    royls@telus.net wrote in news:4226078e.4348514@news.telus.net:

    > On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 19:13:04 +0100, Gabriele Neukam
    > <Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de> wrote:
    >
    >>On that special day, dsommerfeld, (dsommerfeld@rogers.com) said...
    >>
    >>> What is your take on this?
    >>
    >>I am still 43. My mom, which played until patch 1.09 (she doesn't like
    >>1.10, which is way too hard for her, as her hands aren't that well for
    >>constantly switching skills) is 70.
    >
    > Way to go, Mom!!
    >
    > -- Roy L

    Good going Mom. Well, that means that I still have some good years
    ahead for my beloved Diablo cause I don't intend to quit at least until
    I beat this *&^() game.

    Diane

    On 2 Mar 2005 06:43:40 -0800, "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote:

    >dsommerfeld wrote:
    >> Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
    >> Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us
    >passed
    >> the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
    >>
    >> I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line game.
    > Its
    >> funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or at
    >least
    >> that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
    >>
    >> What is your take on this?
    >
    >41? Just a kid, eh?
    >
    >I'm 52, been playing Diablo for 8 years now, and played with a few
    >people who think *I* am a kid :)
    Well, I just have to place my hand on my heart and admit to 67. Only
    discovered Diablo II last year, and been playing it since. But my
    god, it's put years on me. Still can't get past Duriel, but I'll keep
    trying.
    -
    Peter James
    Remove AT to reply

    P F James

    "wizofwas" <wizofwas@knologynospam.net> wrote in news:ba820$4226151f
    $18601bd7$11434@KNOLOGY.NET:

    > "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> dsommerfeld wrote:
    >> > Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
    >> > Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us
    >> passed
    >> > the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
    >> >
    >> > I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line
    game.
    >> Its
    >> > funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or
    at
    >> least
    >> > that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
    >> >
    >> > What is your take on this?
    >>
    >> 41? Just a kid, eh?
    >>
    >> I'm 52, been playing Diablo for 8 years now, and played with a few
    >> people who think *I* am a kid :)
    >>
    > But Mickey, you are just a kid. :)

    Oh, but of course!!!

    "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in news:1109793028.617675.263090
    @l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

    > wizofwas wrote:
    >> "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in message

    > Diablo.
    > us
    >> > passed

    > game.
    >> > Its
    > or at
    >> > least

    >> > 41? Just a kid, eh?
    >> >
    >> > I'm 52, been playing Diablo for 8 years now, and played with a few
    >> > people who think *I* am a kid :)
    >> >
    >> But Mickey, you are just a kid. :)
    >
    > Don't I know it, having played for 8 years with Ilona and for 4 years
    > with Tom. They are both well into their 60s. I know Ruben is also
    > around our age.

    No fair telling.

    Peter James <pfjames@clara.co.uk> wrote in

    > On 2 Mar 2005 06:43:40 -0800, "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote:
    >

    >>dsommerfeld wrote:
    >>> Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
    >>> Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us
    >>passed
    >>> the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
    >>>
    >>> I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line
    game.
    >> Its
    >>> funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or
    at
    >>least
    >>> that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
    >>>
    >>> What is your take on this?
    >>
    >>41? Just a kid, eh?
    >>
    >>I'm 52, been playing Diablo for 8 years now, and played with a few
    >>people who think *I* am a kid :)
    > Well, I just have to place my hand on my heart and admit to 67. Only
    > discovered Diablo II last year, and been playing it since. But my
    > god, it's put years on me. Still can't get past Duriel, but I'll keep
    > trying.
    > -
    > Peter James
    > Remove AT to reply
    >
    > P F James

    That's the spirit. They should really make some modifications for us
    elders, although then we'd really feel old, HA!!!

    On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 18:43:51 -0500, dsommerfeld wrote:

    > Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo. Just
    > from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us passed the
    > age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
    >
    > I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line game. Its
    > funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or at
    > least that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.

    47 here!

    -Grimper

    <royls@telus.net> wrote in message news:422607d1.4415447@news.telus.net...
    > On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 18:43:51 -0500, "dsommerfeld"
    > <dsommerfeld@rogers.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
    >>Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us passed
    >>the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
    >
    > 49 here; played Pong as a teen if that counts (look it up). Playing
    > PC games since getting Wizardry I for my Apple II+ clone (look that
    > up, too).
    >
    > -- Roy L

    Another Pong veteran here, age 39 (39 going on 12, according to the wife).

    I had one gal at work ranting about her son playing late at night on "some
    stupid video game" with some guy named "Whirlygigger".
    Me: "Whirlgigger? Was he playing Diablo?"
    Her: "Yeah. What kind of stupid name is that?"
    Me: "That was me. Small world, huh?"
    Her: <stunned silence>

    (For those too young to remember, Snoopy can fly by using his ears as rotor
    blades. After being buzzed by the flying pooch, Linus claimed he'd been
    attacked by a "whirlygigger". Seemed appropriate for a spin-barb.)
    --
    Zamboni

    "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in news:1109797191.896141.131530
    @o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

    > Diane wrote:
    >> "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in news:1109795417.509757.26910
    >> @o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

    >> > Diablo.
    > us

    >> > game.
    > or
    >> > at

    > few
    > Only
    >> > keep
    >> >
    >> > As the old saying goes, you're only as old as the woman you feel :)
    >> >
    >> > Mickey
    >> >

    >> Or, you realize how old you're getting when what you're feeling has
    >> relocated itself to the navel area.
    >
    > Ah, the old "tuck em into the belt" thing... happy happy joy joy.....
    >
    > Mickey

    That's the gravity thing.

    Diane

    "Zamboni" <zamboni@nospam.com> wrote in message

    > <royls@telus.net> wrote in message news:422607d1.4415447@news.telus.net...
    >> On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 18:43:51 -0500, "dsommerfeld"
    >> <dsommerfeld@rogers.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
    >>>Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us passed
    >>>the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
    >>
    >> 49 here; played Pong as a teen if that counts (look it up). Playing
    >> PC games since getting Wizardry I for my Apple II+ clone (look that
    >> up, too).
    >>
    >> -- Roy L
    >
    > Another Pong veteran here, age 39 (39 going on 12, according to the wife).
    >
    > I had one gal at work ranting about her son playing late at night on "some
    > stupid video game" with some guy named "Whirlygigger".
    > Me: "Whirlgigger? Was he playing Diablo?"
    > Her: "Yeah. What kind of stupid name is that?"
    > Me: "That was me. Small world, huh?"
    > Her: <stunned silence>
    >
    > (For those too young to remember, Snoopy can fly by using his ears as
    > rotor blades. After being buzzed by the flying pooch, Linus claimed he'd
    > been attacked by a "whirlygigger". Seemed appropriate for a spin-barb.)
    > --
    > Zamboni

    Holy.... and I thought it was a small world when I met a guy who I knew
    through a mutual friend from real life, on d2 ROFL, now THAT beats the hell
    out of mine hands down. man I can't stop chuckling over than!

    Thanks,

    Brandon

    *n2trains-bot (CHAT CLIENT)

    dsommerfeld wrote:
    > Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
    > Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us passed
    > the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
    >
    > I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line game. Its
    > funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or at least
    > that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
    >
    > What is your take on this?

    35 here, 36 in July. :O)

    Diane wrote:
    > "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in news:1109793028.617675.263090
    > @l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:
    >

    > >> But Mickey, you are just a kid. :)
    > >
    > > Don't I know it, having played for 8 years with Ilona and for 4
    years
    > > with Tom. They are both well into their 60s. I know Ruben is also
    > > around our age.
    > >

    > No fair telling.

    Oh, it's not like they hide it or anything.

    Mickey

    "Franklin Bratcher" <achijah@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > dsommerfeld wrote:
    > > Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
    > > Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us
    passed
    > > the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
    > >
    > > I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line game.
    Its
    > > funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or at
    least
    > > that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
    > >
    > > What is your take on this?
    > >

    > 35 here, 36 in July. :O)

    49 here, and my brother, who also plays regularly, is 47. He and my nephew
    and nieces were intoduced to the game by my bro in law, who has since quit
    playing, as have the nephew and nieces, who have moved on to WoW.
    gene
    *Bobsteele, USWest SCL
    *Barchester, USWest SCL

    My my, doesn't "Whitedog" <jroyer2@worldnet.att.net> look good in that
    trenchcoat:

    >I'm 24.

    What an extraordinary coincidence. I've been 24 for the 7 years I've been
    posting to this newsgroup.

    >> I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line game. Its
    >> funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or at
    >least
    >> that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.

    >> What is your take on this?

    >Ah, they're in the closet.

    What are they wearing?

    Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in

    > My my, doesn't "Whitedog" <jroyer2@worldnet.att.net> look good in that
    > trenchcoat:
    >
    >>I'm 24.
    >
    > What an extraordinary coincidence. I've been 24 for the 7 years I've
    > been posting to this newsgroup.

    Yeah huh? We have a way of maintaining our age throughout the course of
    this game.

    >>> I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line
    >>> game. Its funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer
    >>> games or at
    >>least
    >>> that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
    >
    >>> What is your take on this?
    >
    >>Ah, they're in the closet.
    >
    > What are they wearing?

    A trenchcoat.

    "Chris Lansdell" <clansdell@nf.sympatico.ca> wrote in news:ANoVd.12536
    $oh4.450433@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca:

    > "Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
    >> My my, doesn't "Whitedog" <jroyer2@worldnet.att.net> look good in
    that
    >> trenchcoat:
    >>
    >>>I'm 24.
    >>
    >> What an extraordinary coincidence. I've been 24 for the 7 years
    I've
    >> been
    >> posting to this newsgroup.
    >>
    > My wife just celebrated the 5th anniversary of her 19th birthday.

    Smart chick.

    >>>least

    >>>Ah, they're in the closet.
    >>
    >> What are they wearing?
    >>
    > Who cares? As long as they don't come out of the closet...
    >
    > Which reminds me: Where's desktop?

    In the closet.

Games Diablo Video Games