How old are you?!!

Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us passed
the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.

I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line game. Its
funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or at least
that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.

What is your take on this?

"dsommerfeld" <dsommerfeld@rogers.com> wrote in message
> Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
> Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us passed
> the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.

I'm in "the" age group, 19. Been playing since d1 in 98ish. Got it when I
was 12... so yeah 98 summer. That's pry why I like CE so much.

> I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line game. Its
> funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or at
> least that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
>
> What is your take on this?

They probably act shocked in order to cover it up. The thing is, you're
never too old to have a bit of fun. My kids are going to play video games
with me, unless they don't like 'em (dunno wtf would be wrong with them
then...). I was deprived of NES, etc back in the day, now I got 120+ NES, 30
n64, 20+ SNES, 30 Genesis, 5 PS1, 15 intellivision 2 games, etc etc etc.
Have something like 13 total systems (Sega Nomad being my favorite if I
could find the car adapter... UGH) just can't beat a portable genesis... so
yeah, that's why people don't admit them playing video games, since they
think it's for "kids" and they don't want to be thought of as immature in
the workplace since that MIGHT hurt them in their minds...

Thanks,

Brandon

*n2trains-bot (CHAT CLIENT)

sliver

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2005

"dsommerfeld" <dsommerfeld@rogers.com> wrote in message
> Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
> Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us passed
> the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
>
> I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line game. Its
> funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or at
> least that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
>
> What is your take on this?

40 here grew up on video games don't see any reason to stop now 8D I don't
give a flying F*** what anyone else thinks about my choices or my life, I
can think of worse things to do with my leisure time. LOL

--
In a World Full of Insanity
Here I Stand.

I think it was "dsommerfeld" <dsommerfeld@rogers.com> that wrote
something like...

>Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
>Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us passed
>the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.

I'm 25.

>I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line game. Its
>funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or at least
>that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
>
>What is your take on this?

Eh. I can't see myself stopping my gaming anytime soon, but I suppose
I may not play so much if something else distracts me.

Ashen Shugar
The moon by day, and the sun by night.
Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
Let the Lord of Chaos rule!

Diane

deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au (Ashen Shugar) wrote in

> I think it was "dsommerfeld" <dsommerfeld@rogers.com> that wrote
> something like...
>
>>Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
>>Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us
>>passed the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
>
> I'm 25.
>
>>I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line game.
>>Its funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or
>>at least that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
>>
>>What is your take on this?
>
> Eh. I can't see myself stopping my gaming anytime soon, but I suppose
> I may not play so much if something else distracts me.
>
> Ashen Shugar

A true Diablo hobbiest will NEVER allow ANYTHING to distract us.

Diane

"Diane" <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> wrote in message
> deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au (Ashen Shugar) wrote in
>
>> I think it was "dsommerfeld" <dsommerfeld@rogers.com> that wrote
>> something like...
>>
>>>Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
>>>Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us
>>>passed the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
>>
>> I'm 25.
>>
>>>I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line game.
>>>Its funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or
>>>at least that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
>>>
>>>What is your take on this?
>>
>> Eh. I can't see myself stopping my gaming anytime soon, but I suppose
>> I may not play so much if something else distracts me.
>>
>> Ashen Shugar
>
> A true Diablo hobbiest will NEVER allow ANYTHING to distract us.
>
> Diane
HA!

Unfortunate but true ;-)

snip

n2trains wrote:
> "dsommerfeld" <dsommerfeld@rogers.com> wrote in message
>
>>Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
>>Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us passed
>>the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
>

> I'm in "the" age group, 19. Been playing since d1 in 98ish. Got it when I
> was 12... so yeah 98 summer. That's pry why I like CE so much.
>

>>I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line game. Its
>>funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or at
>>least that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
>>
>>What is your take on this?

For some reason I never saw the original post, so I sniped and will
reply here.

I am 44 and have also been playing since original Diablo. I may not
play everyday, or all day when I do play, but I do enjoy what time I do
have to play.

I dont think it is the right thing to do to play games of any kind while
at work, unless your on a break, or the boss knows you play and is ok
with it. For those of you that play when you are supposed to be
working, you are stealing from the company. Thats the bottom line as I
see it.

WhiteDog

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2003

"dsommerfeld" <dsommerfeld@rogers.com> wrote in message
> Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
> Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us passed
> the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.

I'm 24.

> I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line game. Its
> funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or at
least
> that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
>
> What is your take on this?

Ah, they're in the closet.

Diane

"flame_thrower" <skankyxwhore400@charter.net> wrote in news:69bVd.32629
$SF.3515@lakeread08:

> "Diane" <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au (Ashen Shugar) wrote in
>>
>>> I think it was "dsommerfeld" <dsommerfeld@rogers.com> that wrote
>>> something like...

>>> I'm 25.

>>> Eh. I can't see myself stopping my gaming anytime soon, but I
suppose
>>> I may not play so much if something else distracts me.
>>>
>>> Ashen Shugar
>>
>> A true Diablo hobbiest will NEVER allow ANYTHING to distract us.
>>
>> Diane
> HA!

That's it? That's all you have to say? Sheesh.

Diane

dsommerfeld wrote:
> Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
> Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us
passed
> the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
>
> I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line game.
Its
> funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or at
least
> that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
>
> What is your take on this?

41? Just a kid, eh?

I'm 52, been playing Diablo for 8 years now, and played with a few
people who think *I* am a kid :)

Mickey

Diane wrote:
> "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in news:1109774620.881437.309690
> @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:
>

> > dsommerfeld wrote:
> >> Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on
Diablo.
> >> Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us
> > passed
> >> the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
> >>
> >> I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line
game.
> > Its
> >> funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or
at
> > least
> >> that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
> >>
> >> What is your take on this?
> >
> > 41? Just a kid, eh?
> >
> > I'm 52, been playing Diablo for 8 years now, and played with a few
> > people who think *I* am a kid :)
> >
> > Mickey
> >

> what month were you born?

On the summer solstice, 1952 (which was on June, 20 that year).

Mickey

"dsommerfeld" <dsommerfeld@rogers.com> wrote in message
> Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
> Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us passed
> the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
>
> I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line game. Its
> funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or at
least
> that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
>
> What is your take on this?

I'll take the 50+, although I've been told I don't look a day over 82 :)
I've been playing D1 since it came out, but I didn't start playing online
untill I found this newsgroup.

wizofwas

rofl

"dsommerfeld" <dsommerfeld@rogers.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
> Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us passed
> the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
>
> I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line game. Its
> funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or at
> least that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
>
> What is your take on this?

And I thought I was too old to play d2 at the tender age of 33... although
the oldest player i know is my father (64). Sadly, I have to say that,
regardless of age, most players (at least in europe realm) act as 12 years
old...

dsommerfeld wrote:
> What is your take on this?

I'm turning 35 this year. Been playing games since 1985, when I got my first
ZX Spectrum +... Playing LoD on-line only for 4 years, since I moved to
better developed country which provides affordable broadband access.
Now looking at WoW ("demo" version on "private" servers, just started but
looking great). Will be playing at least till the baby is born (in
September), we will see what happens next...
Same experience with colleagues from my office... funny faces whenever I
mention my.. hmm.. addiction. They all preffer to sit in the "knaipen" and
watch this miserable (recently) Bundesliga and drink what they call "beer"
here!
--
*dzid_pl_hc - D2XEuHCL
*dzid_pl - D2XEuL

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 18:43:51 -0500, "dsommerfeld"
<dsommerfeld@rogers.com> wrote:

>Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
>Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us passed
>the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.

I am 32, played Diablo II LOD for about 2-1/2 years. I think I am
pretty much done with the game now though. I log on to Bnet, and I am
bored within 20 minutes :(

Justin

<snip>

wizofwas wrote:
> "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in message
> >
> > dsommerfeld wrote:
> > > Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on
Diablo.
> > > Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of
us
> > passed
> > > the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
> > >
> > > I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line
game.
> > Its
> > > funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games
or at
> > least
> > > that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
> > >
> > > What is your take on this?
> >
> > 41? Just a kid, eh?
> >
> > I'm 52, been playing Diablo for 8 years now, and played with a few
> > people who think *I* am a kid :)
> >
> But Mickey, you are just a kid. :)

Don't I know it, having played for 8 years with Ilona and for 4 years
with Tom. They are both well into their 60s. I know Ruben is also
around our age.

Mickey

Peter James wrote:
> On 2 Mar 2005 06:43:40 -0800, "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote:
>

> >dsommerfeld wrote:
> >> Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on
Diablo.
> >> Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us
> >passed
> >> the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
> >>
> >> I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line
game.
> > Its
> >> funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or
at
> >least
> >> that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
> >>
> >> What is your take on this?
> >
> >41? Just a kid, eh?
> >
> >I'm 52, been playing Diablo for 8 years now, and played with a few
> >people who think *I* am a kid :)
> Well, I just have to place my hand on my heart and admit to 67. Only
> discovered Diablo II last year, and been playing it since. But my
> god, it's put years on me. Still can't get past Duriel, but I'll
keep
> trying.

As the old saying goes, you're only as old as the woman you feel :)

Mickey

Diane wrote:
> "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in news:1109795417.509757.26910
> @o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:
>

> > Peter James wrote:

> > Diablo.

> > game.
> > at

> >> Well, I just have to place my hand on my heart and admit to 67.
Only
> >> discovered Diablo II last year, and been playing it since. But my
> >> god, it's put years on me. Still can't get past Duriel, but I'll
> > keep
> >> trying.
> >
> > As the old saying goes, you're only as old as the woman you feel :)
> >
> > Mickey
> >

> Or, you realize how old you're getting when what you're feeling has
> relocated itself to the navel area.

Ah, the old "tuck em into the belt" thing... happy happy joy joy.....

Mickey

WhiteDog

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2003

> "flame_thrower" <skankyxwhore400@charter.net> wrote in news:69bVd.32629
> $SF.3515@lakeread08:
>

> > "Diane" <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> wrote in message
> >> deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au (Ashen Shugar) wrote in

> game.
> or
> play.

> suppose

> >> A true Diablo hobbiest will NEVER allow ANYTHING to distract us.
> >>
> >> Diane
> > HA!
> >

> That's it? That's all you have to say? Sheesh.

Be nice, Dan is "special"

:)

"dsommerfeld" <dsommerfeld@rogers.com> wrote in message
> Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
> Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us passed
> the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
>
> I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line game. Its
> funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or at
> least that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
>
> What is your take on this?

This question has come around a few times in the last few years. I always
manage to be the oldest player, making even Mickey look like a young
whippersnapper! :)
I've been playing computer games ever since the C-64 was first released, and
got D-1 the first month it was released.

Although I have other hobbies (and still work, to support them), my online
gaming has mostly been Diablo, Diablo II, or Diablo II LOD. Carpal Tunnel
problems in my wrists have made me reduce my gaming a bunch.

Oh, age? Born a few months after Japan surrendered, ending WWII, you do the
math.

Ruben

"Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in message

> dsommerfeld wrote:
> > Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
> > Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us
> passed
> > the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
> >
> > I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line game.
> Its
> > funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or at
> least
> > that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
> >
> > What is your take on this?
>
> 41? Just a kid, eh?
>
> I'm 52, been playing Diablo for 8 years now, and played with a few
> people who think *I* am a kid :)

But Mickey, you are just a kid. :)

wizofwas

Diane

"Whitedog" <jroyer2@worldnet.att.net> wrote in news:3gjVd.93386
$Th1.69633@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

>> $SF.3515@lakeread08:
>>

>> > "Diane" <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> wrote in message

Diablo.

>> game.
>> or
>> play.

>> suppose

>> > HA!
>> >

>> That's it? That's all you have to say? Sheesh.
>
> Be nice, Dan is "special"
>
>:)

I have a place in my heart for "special" people.

Diane

"Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in news:1109774620.881437.309690
@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

> dsommerfeld wrote:
>> Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
>> Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us
> passed
>> the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
>>
>> I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line game.
> Its
>> funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or at
> least
>> that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
>>
>> What is your take on this?
>
> 41? Just a kid, eh?
>
> I'm 52, been playing Diablo for 8 years now, and played with a few
> people who think *I* am a kid :)
>
> Mickey

what month were you born?

EvilBill wrote:

> I'm 26 and I'm sure I'm not the only one who's sick of the
12-year-olds (or
> people who act like particularly immature 12-year-olds) on
Battle.nuts. <g>

> There is no spoon.
>
> EvilBill - http://evilbill.50megs.com/index.html
> My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/
> Jack of Hearts of the Eeeevil Trek Cabal (TINC)

hehe yeah 13 year olds are MUCH more mature :)

Kaytie