How old are you?!!

Last response: in Video Games
March 1, 2005 9:43:51 PM

Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us passed
the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.

I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line game. Its
funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or at least
that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.

What is your take on this?

More about : question

Anonymous
March 1, 2005 9:43:52 PM

"dsommerfeld" <dsommerfeld@rogers.com> wrote in message
> Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
> Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us passed
> the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.

I'm in "the" age group, 19. Been playing since d1 in 98ish. Got it when I
was 12... so yeah 98 summer. That's pry why I like CE so much.

> I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line game. Its
> funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or at
> least that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
>
> What is your take on this?

They probably act shocked in order to cover it up. The thing is, you're
never too old to have a bit of fun. My kids are going to play video games
with me, unless they don't like 'em (dunno wtf would be wrong with them
then...). I was deprived of NES, etc back in the day, now I got 120+ NES, 30
n64, 20+ SNES, 30 Genesis, 5 PS1, 15 intellivision 2 games, etc etc etc.
Have something like 13 total systems (Sega Nomad being my favorite if I
could find the car adapter... UGH) just can't beat a portable genesis... so
yeah, that's why people don't admit them playing video games, since they
think it's for "kids" and they don't want to be thought of as immature in
the workplace since that MIGHT hurt them in their minds...

Thanks,

Brandon

*n2trains-bot (CHAT CLIENT)
March 2, 2005 12:20:11 AM

"dsommerfeld" <dsommerfeld@rogers.com> wrote in message
> Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
> Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us passed
> the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
>
> I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line game. Its
> funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or at
> least that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
>
> What is your take on this?

40 here grew up on video games don't see any reason to stop now 8D I don't
give a flying F*** what anyone else thinks about my choices or my life, I
can think of worse things to do with my leisure time. LOL

--
In a World Full of Insanity
Here I Stand.

I think it was "dsommerfeld" <dsommerfeld@rogers.com> that wrote
something like...

>Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
>Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us passed
>the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.

I'm 25.

>I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line game. Its
>funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or at least
>that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
>
>What is your take on this?

Eh. I can't see myself stopping my gaming anytime soon, but I suppose
I may not play so much if something else distracts me.

Ashen Shugar
The moon by day, and the sun by night.
Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
Let the Lord of Chaos rule!
March 2, 2005 3:01:58 AM

deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au (Ashen Shugar) wrote in

> I think it was "dsommerfeld" <dsommerfeld@rogers.com> that wrote
> something like...
>
>>Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
>>Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us
>>passed the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
>
> I'm 25.
>
>>I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line game.
>>Its funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or
>>at least that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
>>
>>What is your take on this?
>
> Eh. I can't see myself stopping my gaming anytime soon, but I suppose
> I may not play so much if something else distracts me.
>
> Ashen Shugar

A true Diablo hobbiest will NEVER allow ANYTHING to distract us.

Diane
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 3:01:59 AM

"Diane" <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> wrote in message
> deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au (Ashen Shugar) wrote in
>
>> I think it was "dsommerfeld" <dsommerfeld@rogers.com> that wrote
>> something like...
>>
>>>Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
>>>Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us
>>>passed the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
>>
>> I'm 25.
>>
>>>I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line game.
>>>Its funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or
>>>at least that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
>>>
>>>What is your take on this?
>>
>> Eh. I can't see myself stopping my gaming anytime soon, but I suppose
>> I may not play so much if something else distracts me.
>>
>> Ashen Shugar
>
> A true Diablo hobbiest will NEVER allow ANYTHING to distract us.
>
> Diane
HA!
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 3:02:27 AM

Unfortunate but true ;-)

snip

> A true Diablo hobbiest will NEVER allow ANYTHING to distract us.
>
> Diane
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 3:45:06 AM

n2trains wrote:
> "dsommerfeld" <dsommerfeld@rogers.com> wrote in message
>
>>Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
>>Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us passed
>>the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
>

> I'm in "the" age group, 19. Been playing since d1 in 98ish. Got it when I
> was 12... so yeah 98 summer. That's pry why I like CE so much.
>

>>I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line game. Its
>>funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or at
>>least that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
>>
>>What is your take on this?

For some reason I never saw the original post, so I sniped and will
reply here.

I am 44 and have also been playing since original Diablo. I may not
play everyday, or all day when I do play, but I do enjoy what time I do
have to play.

I dont think it is the right thing to do to play games of any kind while
at work, unless your on a break, or the boss knows you play and is ok
with it. For those of you that play when you are supposed to be
working, you are stealing from the company. Thats the bottom line as I
see it.
March 2, 2005 5:56:13 AM

"dsommerfeld" <dsommerfeld@rogers.com> wrote in message
> Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
> Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us passed
> the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.

I'm 24.

> I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line game. Its
> funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or at
least
> that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
>
> What is your take on this?

Ah, they're in the closet.
March 2, 2005 7:43:55 AM

"flame_thrower" <skankyxwhore400@charter.net> wrote in news:69bVd.32629
$SF.3515@lakeread08:

> "Diane" <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au (Ashen Shugar) wrote in
>>
>>> I think it was "dsommerfeld" <dsommerfeld@rogers.com> that wrote
>>> something like...

>>> I'm 25.

>>> Eh. I can't see myself stopping my gaming anytime soon, but I
suppose
>>> I may not play so much if something else distracts me.
>>>
>>> Ashen Shugar
>>
>> A true Diablo hobbiest will NEVER allow ANYTHING to distract us.
>>
>> Diane
> HA!

That's it? That's all you have to say? Sheesh.

Diane
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 9:43:40 AM

dsommerfeld wrote:
> Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
> Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us
passed
> the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
>
> I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line game.
Its
> funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or at
least
> that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
>
> What is your take on this?

41? Just a kid, eh?

I'm 52, been playing Diablo for 8 years now, and played with a few
people who think *I* am a kid :)

Mickey
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 11:54:42 AM

Diane wrote:
> "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in news:1109774620.881437.309690
> @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:
>

> > dsommerfeld wrote:
> >> Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on
Diablo.
> >> Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us
> > passed
> >> the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
> >>
> >> I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line
game.
> > Its
> >> funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or
at
> > least
> >> that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
> >>
> >> What is your take on this?
> >
> > 41? Just a kid, eh?
> >
> > I'm 52, been playing Diablo for 8 years now, and played with a few
> > people who think *I* am a kid :)
> >
> > Mickey
> >

> what month were you born?

On the summer solstice, 1952 (which was on June, 20 that year).

Mickey
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 12:17:48 PM

"dsommerfeld" <dsommerfeld@rogers.com> wrote in message
> Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
> Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us passed
> the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
>
> I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line game. Its
> funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or at
least
> that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
>
> What is your take on this?

I'll take the 50+, although I've been told I don't look a day over 82 :-)
I've been playing D1 since it came out, but I didn't start playing online
untill I found this newsgroup.

wizofwas
March 2, 2005 12:18:12 PM

"dsommerfeld" <dsommerfeld@rogers.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
> Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us passed
> the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
>
> I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line game. Its
> funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or at
> least that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
>
> What is your take on this?

And I thought I was too old to play d2 at the tender age of 33... although
the oldest player i know is my father (64). Sadly, I have to say that,
regardless of age, most players (at least in europe realm) act as 12 years
old...
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 1:15:44 PM

dsommerfeld wrote:
> What is your take on this?

I'm turning 35 this year. Been playing games since 1985, when I got my first
ZX Spectrum +... Playing LoD on-line only for 4 years, since I moved to
better developed country which provides affordable broadband access.
Now looking at WoW ("demo" version on "private" servers, just started but
looking great). Will be playing at least till the baby is born (in
September), we will see what happens next...
Same experience with colleagues from my office... funny faces whenever I
mention my.. hmm.. addiction. They all preffer to sit in the "knaipen" and
watch this miserable (recently) Bundesliga and drink what they call "beer"
here!
--
*dzid_pl_hc - D2XEuHCL
*dzid_pl - D2XEuL

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 18:43:51 -0500, "dsommerfeld"
<dsommerfeld@rogers.com> wrote:

>Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
>Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us passed
>the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.

I am 32, played Diablo II LOD for about 2-1/2 years. I think I am
pretty much done with the game now though. I log on to Bnet, and I am
bored within 20 minutes :(

Justin

<snip>
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 2:50:28 PM

wizofwas wrote:
> "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in message
> >
> > dsommerfeld wrote:
> > > Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on
Diablo.
> > > Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of
us
> > passed
> > > the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
> > >
> > > I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line
game.
> > Its
> > > funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games
or at
> > least
> > > that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
> > >
> > > What is your take on this?
> >
> > 41? Just a kid, eh?
> >
> > I'm 52, been playing Diablo for 8 years now, and played with a few
> > people who think *I* am a kid :)
> >
> But Mickey, you are just a kid. :)

Don't I know it, having played for 8 years with Ilona and for 4 years
with Tom. They are both well into their 60s. I know Ruben is also
around our age.

Mickey
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 3:30:17 PM

Peter James wrote:
> On 2 Mar 2005 06:43:40 -0800, "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote:
>

> >dsommerfeld wrote:
> >> Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on
Diablo.
> >> Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us
> >passed
> >> the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
> >>
> >> I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line
game.
> > Its
> >> funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or
at
> >least
> >> that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
> >>
> >> What is your take on this?
> >
> >41? Just a kid, eh?
> >
> >I'm 52, been playing Diablo for 8 years now, and played with a few
> >people who think *I* am a kid :)
> Well, I just have to place my hand on my heart and admit to 67. Only
> discovered Diablo II last year, and been playing it since. But my
> god, it's put years on me. Still can't get past Duriel, but I'll
keep
> trying.

As the old saying goes, you're only as old as the woman you feel :)

Mickey
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 3:59:51 PM

Diane wrote:
> "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in news:1109795417.509757.26910
> @o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:
>

> > Peter James wrote:

> > Diablo.

> > game.
> > at

> >> Well, I just have to place my hand on my heart and admit to 67.
Only
> >> discovered Diablo II last year, and been playing it since. But my
> >> god, it's put years on me. Still can't get past Duriel, but I'll
> > keep
> >> trying.
> >
> > As the old saying goes, you're only as old as the woman you feel :)
> >
> > Mickey
> >

> Or, you realize how old you're getting when what you're feeling has
> relocated itself to the navel area.

Ah, the old "tuck em into the belt" thing... happy happy joy joy.....

Mickey
March 2, 2005 4:32:47 PM

> "flame_thrower" <skankyxwhore400@charter.net> wrote in news:69bVd.32629
> $SF.3515@lakeread08:
>

> > "Diane" <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> wrote in message
> >> deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au (Ashen Shugar) wrote in

> game.
> or
> play.

> suppose

> >> A true Diablo hobbiest will NEVER allow ANYTHING to distract us.
> >>
> >> Diane
> > HA!
> >

> That's it? That's all you have to say? Sheesh.

Be nice, Dan is "special"

:)
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 5:06:00 PM

"dsommerfeld" <dsommerfeld@rogers.com> wrote in message
> Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
> Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us passed
> the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
>
> I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line game. Its
> funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or at
> least that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
>
> What is your take on this?

This question has come around a few times in the last few years. I always
manage to be the oldest player, making even Mickey look like a young
whippersnapper! :-)
I've been playing computer games ever since the C-64 was first released, and
got D-1 the first month it was released.

Although I have other hobbies (and still work, to support them), my online
gaming has mostly been Diablo, Diablo II, or Diablo II LOD. Carpal Tunnel
problems in my wrists have made me reduce my gaming a bunch.

Oh, age? Born a few months after Japan surrendered, ending WWII, you do the
math.

Ruben
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 5:33:12 PM

"Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in message

> dsommerfeld wrote:
> > Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
> > Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us
> passed
> > the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
> >
> > I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line game.
> Its
> > funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or at
> least
> > that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
> >
> > What is your take on this?
>
> 41? Just a kid, eh?
>
> I'm 52, been playing Diablo for 8 years now, and played with a few
> people who think *I* am a kid :)

But Mickey, you are just a kid. :)

wizofwas
March 2, 2005 7:02:24 PM

"Whitedog" <jroyer2@worldnet.att.net> wrote in news:3gjVd.93386
$Th1.69633@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

>> $SF.3515@lakeread08:
>>

>> > "Diane" <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> wrote in message

Diablo.

>> game.
>> or
>> play.

>> suppose

>> > HA!
>> >

>> That's it? That's all you have to say? Sheesh.
>
> Be nice, Dan is "special"
>
>:)

I have a place in my heart for "special" people.
March 2, 2005 7:04:16 PM

"Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in news:1109774620.881437.309690
@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

> dsommerfeld wrote:
>> Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
>> Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us
> passed
>> the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
>>
>> I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line game.
> Its
>> funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or at
> least
>> that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
>>
>> What is your take on this?
>
> 41? Just a kid, eh?
>
> I'm 52, been playing Diablo for 8 years now, and played with a few
> people who think *I* am a kid :)
>
> Mickey

what month were you born?
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 7:17:40 PM

EvilBill wrote:

> I'm 26 and I'm sure I'm not the only one who's sick of the
12-year-olds (or
> people who act like particularly immature 12-year-olds) on
Battle.nuts. <g>

> There is no spoon.
>
> EvilBill - http://evilbill.50megs.com/index.html
> My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/
> Jack of Hearts of the Eeeevil Trek Cabal (TINC)

hehe yeah 13 year olds are MUCH more mature :)

Kaytie
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 7:57:56 PM

n2trains wrote:

> I'm in "the" age group, 19. Been playing since d1 in 98ish. Got it when I
> was 12... so yeah 98 summer. That's pry why I like CE so much.

Does it feel more like D1 then D2? 'cause if it is I might have to give
it a try. :-)

> I was deprived of NES, etc back in the day,

Time to sue your parents! ;-) Seriously though, my NES was probably the
greatest/awesomest/bestest present my parents ever got me and the only
one older then a year or so that I still have.

Sjoerd
March 2, 2005 8:32:38 PM

"Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in news:1109782482.778209.280050
@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

> Diane wrote:
>> "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in news:1109774620.881437.309690
>> @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

> Diablo.
>> > passed

> game.
>> > Its
> at
>> > least

>> > 41? Just a kid, eh?
>> >
>> > I'm 52, been playing Diablo for 8 years now, and played with a few
>> > people who think *I* am a kid :)
>> >
>> > Mickey
>> >

>> what month were you born?
>
> On the summer solstice, 1952 (which was on June, 20 that year).
>
> Mickey

Ack, I'm still older than you!!! Such an old woman am I.

Diane
March 2, 2005 8:33:12 PM

Justin L <leejustice2@hotmail.com> wrote in

> On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 18:43:51 -0500, "dsommerfeld"
> <dsommerfeld@rogers.com> wrote:
>
>>Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
>>Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us
>>passed the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
>
> I am 32, played Diablo II LOD for about 2-1/2 years. I think I am
> pretty much done with the game now though. I log on to Bnet, and I am
> bored within 20 minutes :(
>
> Justin
>
> <snip>

Have you tried the mod Chaos Empire? Nothing boring about that one my
dear.

Diane
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 9:02:07 PM

After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw&gt;
"dsommerfeld" <dsommerfeld@rogers.com> wrote

>Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
>Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us passed
>the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.

I can't remember how old I am at the moment, and I don't really feal like
finding out. Once I reached my 21st birthday I figured I can tell people that
I'm old enough to drink, and then promptly forgot how old I was.

Like I think I said in another post: I'm growing older but not up. :-)
--
no, i didn't forget the 'F's
http://www.geocities.com/jerk_o2002

dsommerfeld <dsommerfeld@rogers.com> typed as if devouring a plate of
spoo:
> Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
> Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us
> passed the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
>
> I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line game.
> Its funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games
> or at least that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I
> play.
> What is your take on this?

I'm 26 and I'm sure I'm not the only one who's sick of the 12-year-olds (or
people who act like particularly immature 12-year-olds) on Battle.nuts. <g>

There is no spoon.

EvilBill - http://evilbill.50megs.com/index.html
My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/
Jack of Hearts of the Eeeevil Trek Cabal (TINC)
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 9:35:16 PM

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 18:43:51 -0500, "dsommerfeld"
<dsommerfeld@rogers.com> wrote:

>Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
>Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us passed
>the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.

49 here; played Pong as a teen if that counts (look it up). Playing
PC games since getting Wizardry I for my Apple II+ clone (look that
up, too).

>I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line game. Its
>funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or at least
>that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
>
>What is your take on this?

Do they watch TV?

-- Roy L
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 10:00:09 PM

dsommerfeld <dsommerfeld@rogers.com> typed as if devouring a plate of
spoo:
> Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
> Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us
> passed the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
>
> I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line game.
> Its funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games
> or at least that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I
> play.
> What is your take on this?

I'm 26 and I'm sure I'm not the only one who's sick of the 12-year-olds (or
people who act like particularly immature 12-year-olds) on Battle.nuts. <g>

There is no spoon.

EvilBill - http://evilbill.50megs.com/index.html
My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/
Jack of Hearts of the Eeeevil Trek Cabal (TINC)
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 10:13:04 PM

On that special day, dsommerfeld, (dsommerfeld@rogers.com) said...

> What is your take on this?

I am still 43. My mom, which played until patch 1.09 (she doesn't like
1.10, which is way too hard for her, as her hands aren't that well for
constantly switching skills) is 70.

Gabriele Neukam

Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de

just so, at no cost.
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 10:13:05 PM

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 19:13:04 +0100, Gabriele Neukam
<Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de> wrote:

>On that special day, dsommerfeld, (dsommerfeld@rogers.com) said...
>
>> What is your take on this?
>
>I am still 43. My mom, which played until patch 1.09 (she doesn't like
>1.10, which is way too hard for her, as her hands aren't that well for
>constantly switching skills) is 70.

Way to go, Mom!!

-- Roy L
March 2, 2005 11:06:13 PM

royls@telus.net wrote in news:4226078e.4348514@news.telus.net:

> On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 19:13:04 +0100, Gabriele Neukam
> <Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de> wrote:
>
>>On that special day, dsommerfeld, (dsommerfeld@rogers.com) said...
>>
>>> What is your take on this?
>>
>>I am still 43. My mom, which played until patch 1.09 (she doesn't like
>>1.10, which is way too hard for her, as her hands aren't that well for
>>constantly switching skills) is 70.
>
> Way to go, Mom!!
>
> -- Roy L

Good going Mom. Well, that means that I still have some good years
ahead for my beloved Diablo cause I don't intend to quit at least until
I beat this *&^() game.

Diane
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 11:08:42 PM

On 2 Mar 2005 06:43:40 -0800, "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote:

>dsommerfeld wrote:
>> Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
>> Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us
>passed
>> the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
>>
>> I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line game.
> Its
>> funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or at
>least
>> that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
>>
>> What is your take on this?
>
>41? Just a kid, eh?
>
>I'm 52, been playing Diablo for 8 years now, and played with a few
>people who think *I* am a kid :)
Well, I just have to place my hand on my heart and admit to 67. Only
discovered Diablo II last year, and been playing it since. But my
god, it's put years on me. Still can't get past Duriel, but I'll keep
trying.
-
Peter James
Remove AT to reply

P F James
March 2, 2005 11:10:58 PM

"wizofwas" <wizofwas@knologynospam.net> wrote in news:ba820$4226151f
$18601bd7$11434@KNOLOGY.NET:

> "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>
>> dsommerfeld wrote:
>> > Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
>> > Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us
>> passed
>> > the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
>> >
>> > I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line
game.
>> Its
>> > funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or
at
>> least
>> > that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
>> >
>> > What is your take on this?
>>
>> 41? Just a kid, eh?
>>
>> I'm 52, been playing Diablo for 8 years now, and played with a few
>> people who think *I* am a kid :)
>>
> But Mickey, you are just a kid. :)

Oh, but of course!!!

> wizofwas

March 2, 2005 11:11:27 PM

"Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in news:1109793028.617675.263090
@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

> wizofwas wrote:
>> "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in message

> Diablo.
> us
>> > passed

> game.
>> > Its
> or at
>> > least

>> > 41? Just a kid, eh?
>> >
>> > I'm 52, been playing Diablo for 8 years now, and played with a few
>> > people who think *I* am a kid :)
>> >
>> But Mickey, you are just a kid. :)
>
> Don't I know it, having played for 8 years with Ilona and for 4 years
> with Tom. They are both well into their 60s. I know Ruben is also
> around our age.

No fair telling.

> Mickey

March 2, 2005 11:15:40 PM

Peter James <pfjames@clara.co.uk> wrote in
news:o 67c21hhir7kqfr2go8bh9u1bf4nivdf4r@4ax.com:

> On 2 Mar 2005 06:43:40 -0800, "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote:
>

>>dsommerfeld wrote:
>>> Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
>>> Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us
>>passed
>>> the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
>>>
>>> I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line
game.
>> Its
>>> funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or
at
>>least
>>> that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
>>>
>>> What is your take on this?
>>
>>41? Just a kid, eh?
>>
>>I'm 52, been playing Diablo for 8 years now, and played with a few
>>people who think *I* am a kid :)
> Well, I just have to place my hand on my heart and admit to 67. Only
> discovered Diablo II last year, and been playing it since. But my
> god, it's put years on me. Still can't get past Duriel, but I'll keep
> trying.
> -
> Peter James
> Remove AT to reply
>
> P F James

That's the spirit. They should really make some modifications for us
elders, although then we'd really feel old, HA!!!
March 2, 2005 11:45:20 PM

"Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in news:1109795417.509757.26910
@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

> Peter James wrote:

> Diablo.
>> >passed

> game.
>> > Its
> at
>> >least

>> >41? Just a kid, eh?
>> >
>> >I'm 52, been playing Diablo for 8 years now, and played with a few
>> >people who think *I* am a kid :)
>> Well, I just have to place my hand on my heart and admit to 67. Only
>> discovered Diablo II last year, and been playing it since. But my
>> god, it's put years on me. Still can't get past Duriel, but I'll
> keep
>> trying.
>
> As the old saying goes, you're only as old as the woman you feel :)
>
> Mickey

Or, you realize how old you're getting when what you're feeling has
relocated itself to the navel area.

Diane
Anonymous
March 3, 2005 12:32:20 AM

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 18:43:51 -0500, dsommerfeld wrote:

> Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo. Just
> from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us passed the
> age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
>
> I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line game. Its
> funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or at
> least that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.

47 here!

-Grimper
Anonymous
March 3, 2005 12:37:42 AM

<royls@telus.net> wrote in message news:422607d1.4415447@news.telus.net...
> On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 18:43:51 -0500, "dsommerfeld"
> <dsommerfeld@rogers.com> wrote:
>
>>Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
>>Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us passed
>>the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
>
> 49 here; played Pong as a teen if that counts (look it up). Playing
> PC games since getting Wizardry I for my Apple II+ clone (look that
> up, too).
>
> -- Roy L

Another Pong veteran here, age 39 (39 going on 12, according to the wife).

I had one gal at work ranting about her son playing late at night on "some
stupid video game" with some guy named "Whirlygigger".
Me: "Whirlgigger? Was he playing Diablo?"
Her: "Yeah. What kind of stupid name is that?"
Me: "That was me. Small world, huh?"
Her: <stunned silence>

(For those too young to remember, Snoopy can fly by using his ears as rotor
blades. After being buzzed by the flying pooch, Linus claimed he'd been
attacked by a "whirlygigger". Seemed appropriate for a spin-barb.)
--
Zamboni
March 3, 2005 1:01:28 AM

"Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in news:1109797191.896141.131530
@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

> Diane wrote:
>> "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in news:1109795417.509757.26910
>> @o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

>> > Diablo.
> us

>> > game.
> or
>> > at

> few
> Only
>> > keep
>> >
>> > As the old saying goes, you're only as old as the woman you feel :)
>> >
>> > Mickey
>> >

>> Or, you realize how old you're getting when what you're feeling has
>> relocated itself to the navel area.
>
> Ah, the old "tuck em into the belt" thing... happy happy joy joy.....
>
> Mickey

That's the gravity thing.

Diane
Anonymous
March 3, 2005 1:30:46 AM

"Zamboni" <zamboni@nospam.com> wrote in message

> <royls@telus.net> wrote in message news:422607d1.4415447@news.telus.net...
>> On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 18:43:51 -0500, "dsommerfeld"
>> <dsommerfeld@rogers.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
>>>Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us passed
>>>the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
>>
>> 49 here; played Pong as a teen if that counts (look it up). Playing
>> PC games since getting Wizardry I for my Apple II+ clone (look that
>> up, too).
>>
>> -- Roy L
>
> Another Pong veteran here, age 39 (39 going on 12, according to the wife).
>
> I had one gal at work ranting about her son playing late at night on "some
> stupid video game" with some guy named "Whirlygigger".
> Me: "Whirlgigger? Was he playing Diablo?"
> Her: "Yeah. What kind of stupid name is that?"
> Me: "That was me. Small world, huh?"
> Her: <stunned silence>
>
> (For those too young to remember, Snoopy can fly by using his ears as
> rotor blades. After being buzzed by the flying pooch, Linus claimed he'd
> been attacked by a "whirlygigger". Seemed appropriate for a spin-barb.)
> --
> Zamboni

Holy.... and I thought it was a small world when I met a guy who I knew
through a mutual friend from real life, on d2 ROFL, now THAT beats the hell
out of mine hands down. man I can't stop chuckling over than!

Thanks,

Brandon

*n2trains-bot (CHAT CLIENT)
Anonymous
March 3, 2005 8:28:46 AM

dsommerfeld wrote:
> Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
> Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us passed
> the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
>
> I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line game. Its
> funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or at least
> that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
>
> What is your take on this?

35 here, 36 in July. :o )
Anonymous
March 3, 2005 9:38:34 AM

Diane wrote:
> "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in news:1109793028.617675.263090
> @l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:
>

> >> But Mickey, you are just a kid. :)
> >
> > Don't I know it, having played for 8 years with Ilona and for 4
years
> > with Tom. They are both well into their 60s. I know Ruben is also
> > around our age.
> >

> No fair telling.

Oh, it's not like they hide it or anything.

Mickey
March 3, 2005 10:02:28 AM

"Franklin Bratcher" <achijah@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> dsommerfeld wrote:
> > Ok so everyone is pretending to be anywhere from 12 - 19 on Diablo.
> > Just from having conversations on line my guess is that most of us
passed
> > the age of 30 and that many are 40-50 plus.
> >
> > I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line game.
Its
> > funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or at
least
> > that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
> >
> > What is your take on this?
> >

> 35 here, 36 in July. :o )

49 here, and my brother, who also plays regularly, is 47. He and my nephew
and nieces were intoduced to the game by my bro in law, who has since quit
playing, as have the nephew and nieces, who have moved on to WoW.
gene
*Bobsteele, USWest SCL
*Barchester, USWest SCL
Anonymous
March 3, 2005 11:30:33 AM

My my, doesn't "Whitedog" <jroyer2@worldnet.att.net> look good in that
trenchcoat:

>I'm 24.

What an extraordinary coincidence. I've been 24 for the 7 years I've been
posting to this newsgroup.

>> I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line game. Its
>> funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer games or at
>least
>> that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.

>> What is your take on this?

>Ah, they're in the closet.

What are they wearing?
March 3, 2005 11:30:34 AM

Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in

> My my, doesn't "Whitedog" <jroyer2@worldnet.att.net> look good in that
> trenchcoat:
>
>>I'm 24.
>
> What an extraordinary coincidence. I've been 24 for the 7 years I've
> been posting to this newsgroup.

Yeah huh? We have a way of maintaining our age throughout the course of
this game.

>>> I am 41 and have been playing Diablo since the original on line
>>> game. Its funny cause at work no one seems to play on line computer
>>> games or at
>>least
>>> that is what they say.... they even seem shocked that I play.
>
>>> What is your take on this?
>
>>Ah, they're in the closet.
>
> What are they wearing?

A trenchcoat.

March 3, 2005 11:30:34 AM

"Chris Lansdell" <clansdell@nf.sympatico.ca> wrote in news:ANoVd.12536
$oh4.450433@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca:

> "Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
>> My my, doesn't "Whitedog" <jroyer2@worldnet.att.net> look good in
that
>> trenchcoat:
>>
>>>I'm 24.
>>
>> What an extraordinary coincidence. I've been 24 for the 7 years
I've
>> been
>> posting to this newsgroup.
>>
> My wife just celebrated the 5th anniversary of her 19th birthday.

Smart chick.

>>>least

>>>Ah, they're in the closet.
>>
>> What are they wearing?
>>
> Who cares? As long as they don't come out of the closet...
>
> Which reminds me: Where's desktop?

In the closet.

!