Half Life 2 : The Orange Box

Before buying the Orange Box : HL2 , I was curious about a couple of things... please answer ^^

i know theres 5 games in the box, hl2, hl2 episode 1+2, portal, teamfortress 2,

do they allow me to run hl2 mods to play multiplayer online? Is counter strike source included? and the regular counterstrike 1.6? those are my main concerns because I want to buy a package that has hl2, cs:s and cs1.6 if possible. Thanks
6 answers Last reply
More about half life orange
  1. Cs Source is apparently not in it nor is 1.6 but all the mods for hl2 will work. Just buy the old half-life one compendium, as 1.6 needs a halflife cd key.
  2. ouch then I have to buy cs:source ? damn..
  3. I've only bought HL (boxed, but I put the serial into steam), HL2 (boxed, serial put on steam, since gifted) and Orange Box (on steam), but I've got:

CS
    CS:S
    DoD
    Blue Shift
    Opposing Forces
    Ricochet
    TF:Classic

on my Steam account without doing anything. I guess if you buy enough HL/HL2 stuff you get some extras.
  4. I bought the orange box and ended up buying Garry's Mod and CS:S off Steam, cost next to nothing to download them, and from the enjoyment I've gotten out of them it's well worth it
  5. Blue shift, opposing forces and TF:C are included with HL if downloaded from steam, I don't know about other sources though
  6. polarity said:
    I've only bought HL (boxed, but I put the serial into steam), HL2 (boxed, serial put on steam, since gifted) and Orange Box (on steam), but I've got:

CS
    CS:S
    DoD
    Blue Shift
    Opposing Forces
    Ricochet
    TF:Classic

any of the non-source mods are free with original hl. however, blue shift and opposing force were expansion packs and not mods. however, since original hl is now only $10, they might just give them away for free. i have orignal cd's for hl and the 2 expansions so not sure what is included on steam now (check the steam store for details).

as far as cs:source, that is not bundled with orange box. however, it was bundled with hl2 in certain store/steam packages.

fyi, get orange box and cs:s separately if you have to. they both rock.
Ask a new question

Read More

Video Games