EXCELLENT customer service on a Data problem with Verizon...

On May 14th I returned home from a biz trip with my PC-5220 card in my
laptop. I noticed that I could no longer access the data service that had
previously worked flawlessly. After trying it in two laptops, and multiple
locations I came to the conclusion that my PC-5220 card was not working
properly.
I promptly called Verizon. After waiting on the phone for 2 or 3 minutes I
chatted with a CSR. They escalated the call to a second level in a few
minutes after trying a few tests. As I was approaching the time I needed to
attend a meeting at work I told the Tech CSR that I needed to go. HE ASKED
ME IF HE COULD CALL ME BACK!. I told him I would be out of the meeting at
4:00PM Los Angeles time. The CSR DID CALL BACK around 4:30PM!. He continued
to work on the problem.
After reviewing my account activity, he came to the same opinion that my
card was faulty. The CSR arrainged for my card to be replaced FREE OF
CHARGE, which he did and had it at my door in a day and a half VIA FedEx
Overnight.
This kind of professional service is what makes Verizon a winner in the
wireless service pool! I know that there are others that may NOT agree, but
I have ***NEVER*** received service like this from AT&T, Sprint or
Chingalar. I felt that they need to get a "pat on the back" in public for a
job well done.

Sign me a happy voice and 1XRTT customer.
6 answers Last reply
More about excellent customer service data problem verizon

    Agreed. I have called them twice, once when activating the Sierra 550 and
    then again when I upgraded to PC 5220. I was pleasantly surprised with the
    competency level of their tech support staff. You do have to call the
    "special" data support number though....

    -- Paul

    <farinasinsurance@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > On May 14th I returned home from a biz trip with my PC-5220 card in my
    > laptop. I noticed that I could no longer access the data service that had
    > previously worked flawlessly. After trying it in two laptops, and multiple
    > locations I came to the conclusion that my PC-5220 card was not working
    > properly.
    > I promptly called Verizon. After waiting on the phone for 2 or 3 minutes I
    > chatted with a CSR. They escalated the call to a second level in a few
    > minutes after trying a few tests. As I was approaching the time I needed
    > attend a meeting at work I told the Tech CSR that I needed to go. HE ASKED
    > ME IF HE COULD CALL ME BACK!. I told him I would be out of the meeting at
    > 4:00PM Los Angeles time. The CSR DID CALL BACK around 4:30PM!. He
    continued
    > to work on the problem.
    > After reviewing my account activity, he came to the same opinion that my
    > card was faulty. The CSR arrainged for my card to be replaced FREE OF
    > CHARGE, which he did and had it at my door in a day and a half VIA FedEx
    > Overnight.
    > This kind of professional service is what makes Verizon a winner in the
    > wireless service pool! I know that there are others that may NOT agree,
    but
    > I have ***NEVER*** received service like this from AT&T, Sprint or
    > Chingalar. I felt that they need to get a "pat on the back" in public for
    > job well done.
    >
    > Sign me a happy voice and 1XRTT customer.

    You won't believe this, but ATTWS was
    once like that. They would send me a new
    phone via FedEx overnight. That all changed
    about when they were first sold off by AT&T.

    I didn't call any special numbers to report a problem with a charge on my
    bill. Just "vanilla" CSR and I got prompt attention and the problem was
    fixed and didn't reappear. Now, give me an hour to tell you my laments with
    ATTWS!

    "Paul" <paule-nospam@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    > Agreed. I have called them twice, once when activating the Sierra 550 and
    > then again when I upgraded to PC 5220. I was pleasantly surprised with
    the
    > competency level of their tech support staff. You do have to call the
    > "special" data support number though....
    >
    > -- Paul
    >

    > <farinasinsurance@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > > On May 14th I returned home from a biz trip with my PC-5220 card in my
    > > laptop. I noticed that I could no longer access the data service that
    had
    > > previously worked flawlessly. After trying it in two laptops, and
    multiple
    > > locations I came to the conclusion that my PC-5220 card was not working
    > > properly.
    > > I promptly called Verizon. After waiting on the phone for 2 or 3 minutes
    > > chatted with a CSR. They escalated the call to a second level in a few
    > > minutes after trying a few tests. As I was approaching the time I needed
    > > attend a meeting at work I told the Tech CSR that I needed to go. HE
    ASKED
    > > ME IF HE COULD CALL ME BACK!. I told him I would be out of the meeting
    at
    > > 4:00PM Los Angeles time. The CSR DID CALL BACK around 4:30PM!. He
    > continued
    > > to work on the problem.
    > > After reviewing my account activity, he came to the same opinion that my
    > > card was faulty. The CSR arrainged for my card to be replaced FREE OF
    > > CHARGE, which he did and had it at my door in a day and a half VIA FedEx
    > > Overnight.
    > > This kind of professional service is what makes Verizon a winner in the
    > > wireless service pool! I know that there are others that may NOT agree,
    > but
    > > I have ***NEVER*** received service like this from AT&T, Sprint or
    > > Chingalar. I felt that they need to get a "pat on the back" in public
    for
    > > job well done.
    > >
    > > Sign me a happy voice and 1XRTT customer.

    Very commendable. Impressed.

    <farinasinsurance@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > On May 14th I returned home from a biz trip with my PC-5220 card in my
    > laptop. I noticed that I could no longer access the data service that had
    > previously worked flawlessly. After trying it in two laptops, and multiple
    > locations I came to the conclusion that my PC-5220 card was not working
    > properly.
    > I promptly called Verizon. After waiting on the phone for 2 or 3 minutes I
    > chatted with a CSR. They escalated the call to a second level in a few
    > minutes after trying a few tests. As I was approaching the time I needed
    > attend a meeting at work I told the Tech CSR that I needed to go. HE ASKED
    > ME IF HE COULD CALL ME BACK!. I told him I would be out of the meeting at
    > 4:00PM Los Angeles time. The CSR DID CALL BACK around 4:30PM!. He
    continued
    > to work on the problem.
    > After reviewing my account activity, he came to the same opinion that my
    > card was faulty. The CSR arrainged for my card to be replaced FREE OF
    > CHARGE, which he did and had it at my door in a day and a half VIA FedEx
    > Overnight.
    > This kind of professional service is what makes Verizon a winner in the
    > wireless service pool! I know that there are others that may NOT agree,
    but
    > I have ***NEVER*** received service like this from AT&T, Sprint or
    > Chingalar. I felt that they need to get a "pat on the back" in public for
    > job well done.
    >
    > Sign me a happy voice and 1XRTT customer.

    <farinasinsurance@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    <Snip>
    > After reviewing my account activity, he came to the same opinion
    that my
    > card was faulty. The CSR arrainged for my card to be replaced FREE
    OF
    > CHARGE, which he did and had it at my door in a day and a half VIA
    FedEx
    > Overnight.
    > This kind of professional service is what makes Verizon a winner in
    the
    > wireless service pool! I know that there are others that may NOT
    agree, but
    > I have ***NEVER*** received service like this from AT&T, Sprint or
    > Chingalar. I felt that they need to get a "pat on the back" in
    public for a
    > job well done.
    >
    > Sign me a happy voice and 1XRTT customer.

    [You Wrote]
    "which he did and had it at my door in a day and a half VIA FedEx
    Overnight".

    [My Reply]
    Sort of like an oxymoron. A day and a half overnight...!

    Sorry I could not resist.
    Elector

    Bill O'Connor <pioneer@alumni.spamcwu.edu> wrote:
    > I didn't call any special numbers to report a problem with a charge on my
    > bill. Just "vanilla" CSR and I got prompt attention and the problem was
    > fixed and didn't reappear. Now, give me an hour to tell you my laments with
    > ATTWS!

    The official number for Technical Support for data products is 800-308-DATA,
    but Customer Service can transfer you too.

Verizon Laptops Internet Service Providers