LSI Sampling 1,500MB/s PCIe SSS Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpadeM

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
[citation][nom]gwolfman[/nom]Is it bootable??? Even though I can't afford it, I'd hope so.[/citation]
It's not and it doesn't need to be in a server envirnment

zelog

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
But don't we have PCIe add-on cards for regular hard drives? Why not just fake the interface on one of these and make it bootable?

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
I wonder if it'll work with Windows XP (see article on IE9). It probably won't, considering most computers with XP are generally older and won't be able to handle such load. Really though, what's the point of having that kind of speed unless you're only accessing computers on the same network? ISPs don't offer that speed. Google's Dark Fiber won't, either...assuming they do get into the business.

face-plants

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Is that an 8x PCI-e connector on that card? doesn't look big enough to be x16 but it still looks like it uses one up. Also.....the board looks like it may be upgradeable/customizable with the solid state memory on 6 chips installed in what looks like slots similiar to a so-dimm. Pretty similiar to the older ram-based PCIe card/SSD drives. (Didn't Gigabyte make one?) Anyhow....the I/O speed on this thing is ridiculous....about 10x the fastest spinning disks speed.

Anyone have any idea how much faster this is than the older PCIe cards you could load up with say...64-128Gb of DDR2 and use as a SSD?

G

man this is insane but.. the price is gonna be really very very high... cant afford that....

hope we get such performance in the next 5 years at affordable prices...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS