enabling unallocated section of hard drive

I have noticed that both of my 160 gig hard drives have 21 gigs of
unallocated space. Windows is giving me the choice of creating either a
primary partition or an extended partition for each of these usused sections
of the drives. I'm not sure which to choose. Can someone help?

Thank you.

Normally "I" would select extended partition for the 21GB on the #1 drive.
This will probably assign "D" as the drive letter when you assign logical
drive, and then format this drive.. (This is normally what happens)

The large partition on the second drive would become "E", and then a 21GB
extended partition to become "F".

Unless you are using more than one operating system, there normally will
only be "1" Primary Partition, and it will be selected to be bootable.

There are other solutions in addition to this also.

If I remember correctly, if you have already partitioned both hard drives
with 137GB Primary Partitions, they will remain as C: and D: The new
partitions would then be "E" & "F".

--
Joe

ALL INCOMING AND OUTGOING MESSAGES ARE SCANNED BY NORTON ANTIVIRUS 2004