Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

XP assigns high drive letter to boot drive

Tags:
  • Windows XP
October 1, 2004 6:21:24 PM

I recently reinstalled XP and it gave the drive that has Windows XP
installed on it the drive letter "H". The slave is C and various card
readers are D, E, F and I. The DVD Rom drive is drive G.

Will the main drive always be "H" drive? I am about to allocate and make
active unallocated sections of that drive and the slave drive. Will this
interfere with the functions of or change the letter of drive H?

More about : assigns high drive letter boot drive

Anonymous
October 1, 2004 10:48:59 PM

"Hank G" <hanknycNOSPAM@earthlink.net> wrote:

>I recently reinstalled XP and it gave the drive that has Windows XP
>installed on it the drive letter "H". The slave is C and various card
>readers are D, E, F and I. The DVD Rom drive is drive G.
>
>Will the main drive always be "H" drive? I am about to allocate and make
>active unallocated sections of that drive and the slave drive. Will this
>interfere with the functions of or change the letter of drive H?

You cannot change the drive letter for the drive on which Windows is
installed (except for that you reinstall Windows again).

--
(tm)