Printer problem

Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

Some time in June after an automatic windows update my
printer stopped printing. I have an Epson Stylus 82 Inkjet
that goes through all the motions but when the page comes
out it is blank. I purchased $75.00 in new ink and still
have the problem. I even installed the printer on another
computer and it works fine there. When I try to reload or
remove the driver to attempt a re-install, I get a message
window that reads:
16 bit windows subsystem
C:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt
The system file is not suitable for running ms-dos and
microsoft windows applications.

What can I do to solve this problem?

Download and install the latest Windows XP drivers:
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=14417&prodoid=22708391&infoType=Downloads&platform=Windows

Remember to uninstall the old printer drivers first:
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&infoType=FAQ&oid=14417&prodoid=22708391&foid=31202&cat=30930&subcat=30935

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP