G.O.W. crashing

dezert_eagle323

Distinguished
May 24, 2006
well i know this has probably been asked before but i couldnt really find it in the forums ... So... gears of war keeps crashing on my pc like after every 2 minutes of action ... it was running fine in the beginning .. but now its doing this like after about 25% through the game ... dled the patches ... still no help .. and i know my system is more than capable of running it ... even tried lowering some settings in the game ... can anyone help? thanks

my brief system specs are athlon x2 5200+, 8800gt SSC (omega 1.6921), 2 gigs ram, win xp sp2

spuddyt

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2007
hmmm.. from what i know GOW on pc is a buggy game, try searching on google for GOW crashes, they might have a fix - also, it could be the omega drivers fault.... (i dont know much about them, since i dont use them)

kwekmiester

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2007
i have that problem too, patched it up but to no avail. What I did is I just don't press anything in the dialog box the pops up (Microsoft Send Error Report or sumthing) and just maximize the GoW Window.

dezert_eagle323

Distinguished
May 24, 2006
hmm... yea that would work .. but like my whole pc just freezes when the game crashes .. so I cant even go back to the desktop or anything ... have to manually restart the pc everytime .. and so far i havn't gotten any clear answers on google other than its just a realllll buggy game