I've just installed a game (Full Spectrum Warrior) but
when I go to play it I get a box come up saying Direct 3D
error - Create Device Failed. Any ideas please?

Updating your video driver may help...

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Dave J" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've just installed a game (Full Spectrum Warrior) but
> when I go to play it I get a box come up saying Direct 3D
> error - Create Device Failed. Any ideas please?

Please excuse my ignorance on these matters but how would
I go about that? I'm running xp with sp2.

On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 05:56:08 -0400, "Mary Sauer"
<gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote:

>Updating your video driver may help...

Download drivers from manufacturer or go to www.driverguide.com
for your card drivers.
Some built in video cards may not be suitable for playing some
graphics intense cards. Replacing it may help.

Peter Hutchison