No Assassin's Creed CE for PC?

Teslyn

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2008
I can find pre-orders for the regular box everywhere.

I can't find any word or mention of a Collector's Edition for the PC tho.

Anyone else have a lead?

Luke69

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
My advice - Avoid the game at all costs! Especially pricey CE editions.

Myself and 4 friends from RL were all disappointed with the game (It was great for the first 5 or so hours, then I decided to have a quick blast on Halo as a break and never felt the urge to put assasins back in), and I would hope the internet is as well but I dont have time to check.

robwright

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006

If you haven't already read my review, please do.

http://www.tomsgames.com/us/2007/12/06/assassins_creed_review/

Luke69

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
Sorry to critisise it too bad but I was really hyped when it was coming out and really disapointed when it actually arrived and didn't deliver to my expectations.

I would definately give it a go, find a friend who has it or rent it for a few days and get some solid playing in and make sure you will enjoy it first before buying.

Make sure you read Robs review as well as he's experienced with lots of different games.

Does anoyone know if they are changing anything in the pc version?

mman74

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
The game is repititive without a doubt. There was a clear opportunity to have made this into a deep and involving RPG game, but instead there are about 4 mission types which you play over and over and over and over again. What it did do, it did really well. The story in my view only served to give the game an ending which many might have said was much needed.
This could have been the GTA of the middle aged world, but instead got very boring. They had 90% of the stuff right, but failed on the last and most important 10%, which is sad. If I was making the sequel to the game, I would have put in a deep upgrade path weapons, armour, money even to buy better horses. Real variation in the missions is also needed. Missions that require involvement of NPCs or multiplayer play or require multiple actions in order to complete. A bit more intelligence from the guards is amiss, and ability to hide kills. Less linear game play, an assaassin guild / bounty system would be more fun.
Back to your question, is it worth buying on the PC - well for the first few hours you will have a lot of fun. If you don't get bored easily it will last longer. The scenes in the lab can just be plain skipped and serve no gameplay purpose. Try it - you might like it.

caskachan

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2006

Hey... i know you probably post a lot in these forums, but this is the first time i see you around in apost (not many i go into) it makes me so happy, becuase i have seen you in the videos, and makes me feel like you are just an awesoem guy XD i know in person :pt1cable: :pt1cable: :heink: :hello: :kaola:

it may sound silly, but i just tought of that lol

awesome review btw, i also didnt buy into the hype of assass creed heheh :bounce:

llama_man

Splendid
Jan 12, 2006
I'm looking forward to Assassin's Creed coming out... on budget. Not going to pay full price for a game I probably won't play for more than a few hours, but I'd like to give it a try.

Sengoku

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2007
I actually liked the game. It had the reek of "we need to release by xmas, so we can't finish the "include interesting stuff to do in the city" part of the game.

I contend that you can use this game to rate the quality of review sites. A site that only played three levels would give it a 9+. I can't imagine a site that played through the end of memory block six giving it such a score.

When I played the game, I started hallucinating Teletubbies. They were saying "Right trigger X! Right trigger X! Again! Again!"

I hope that they take the time to do it right for the PC port.