I want to change the default folder in XP which is currently My Documents
and so I followed the instructions I found on the microsoft site which said
to add /n, /e, select, C:\ to the end of the target line in windows
explorer properties but it doesnt seem to change the default folder or even
ask me where to save it. What am I doing wrong or does this not work in XP
Home?

Jim

Please post the link to the MS web page that you are getting this info
from. Thx.

KB

Hi Jim

I'm not sure I understand you question. Are you asking how to open Windows
Explorer at the My Documents folder?

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"big jim" <jims@nospamisp.com> wrote in message
>I want to change the default folder in XP which is currently My Documents
> and so I followed the instructions I found on the microsoft site which
> said
> to add /n, /e, select, C:\ to the end of the target line in windows
> explorer properties but it doesnt seem to change the default folder or
> even
> ask me where to save it. What am I doing wrong or does this not work in
> XP
> Home?
>
> Jim

Hi

Possibly one of these:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;152457
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307856

--

"Kent Betts" <kentbetts@techisp.com> wrote in message
> Please post the link to the MS web page that you are getting this info
> from. Thx.
>
> KB

Yes.

Jim