floppy disk problem

I saved files, including some word processing, to a floppy but was unable to
open them again (I have XP). I gave the disk to a friend who has windows 2000
who was able to email me some files but not the word stuff which I really
need. Should I try to find someone else with XP to mail it to me or is there
any other way I can recover this stuff?
--
Astiria

Try within Word, file, open, files of type "recover text from any file" browse to
your file. Also by dragging the files to your hard drive, they may open.
--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"astiria" <Astiria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I saved files, including some word processing, to a floppy but was unable to
> open them again (I have XP). I gave the disk to a friend who has windows 2000
> who was able to email me some files but not the word stuff which I really
> need. Should I try to find someone else with XP to mail it to me or is there
> any other way I can recover this stuff?
> --
> Astiria

The easiest way to obtain the whole document, is to have
your friend open it, and save it in a different format (
if you used word, use .doc or .txt as it's saving
extentions, another option to save it in .html format,
which can be opened in any browser, printed into hard
copy or saved in a different format).