Sign in with
Your question

Games for PS3 and PC Dad wants to Whoop son

Last response: in Video Games
March 25, 2008 11:46:04 PM

I have a nice pc and want very much to whoop my sons butt while he plays on his PS3. What can we buy and play together online from each of our platforms?
March 26, 2008 1:13:02 AM

Nothing.
March 26, 2008 1:17:39 AM

Heyyou27 said:
Nothing.

Sounds about right, who knows though, some developer might latch onto the idea Shadowrun had (pc vs xbox 360) and do a game that crosses all major platforms...
Related resources
March 27, 2008 3:06:08 PM

Wrong!!, you guys can play Unreal Tournament 3. You will even have the upper hand by using a mouse keyboard combo. Unless your son uses a mouse keyboard on the PS3; the PS3 does support a mouse keyboard. This is a great game IMO and one of the best looking games out now. Don't worry about having the best PC either as unreal's engine scales down well.

I hope you guys give it a try.
March 27, 2008 3:07:41 PM

Nice picture BTW ;) 
March 27, 2008 3:09:19 PM

I'll check back to see if you have any other questions...like how to "whoop" your sons butt at this game!!
March 27, 2008 4:47:01 PM

FaceLifter said:
Wrong!!, you guys can play Unreal Tournament 3. You will even have the upper hand by using a mouse keyboard combo. Unless your son uses a mouse keyboard on the PS3; the PS3 does support a mouse keyboard. This is a great game IMO and one of the best looking games out now. Don't worry about having the best PC either as unreal's engine scales down well.

I hope you guys give it a try.
Actually UT3 does not currently support Cross-play and the idea was merely discussed before the release of the game.
March 27, 2008 5:00:45 PM

Doesn't pro-evo soccer allow PC users to play against PS users? Can't remember and can't check at work...
March 27, 2008 8:56:53 PM

Quote:
Actually UT3 does not currently support Cross-play and the idea was merely discussed before the release of the game.

Wrong!!...ok sorry...seems I'm wrong(sorry for the quotes) Epic had hyped cross platform play, before this game launched and it turns out that's all it was hype...

I have read some articles from Epic Games' Mark Rein; in them he stated that they are looking into including cross platform play in the future...But after reading these articles, I would say, it's not going to happen...sorry
March 28, 2008 2:16:47 AM

FaceLifter said:
Quote:

Wrong!!...ok sorry...seems I'm wrong(sorry for the quotes) Epic had hyped cross platform play, before this game launched and it turns out that's all it was hype...

I have read some articles from Epic Games' Mark Rein; in them he stated that they are looking into including cross platform play in the future...But after reading these articles, I would say, it's not going to happen...sorry
No big deal; it was a harmless mistake. Epic talked a lot about Cross-platform play and ended up doing nothing more than misleading people.
March 28, 2008 9:53:54 AM

Sorry, but PC gamers cannot play UT3 with PS3 gamers. However, cross-platform gaming is supposed to be a major feature in the upcoming Xbox 360 version (it's a Windows thing I assume).
!