Sign in with
Your question
Solved

What is the best Antivirus + Firewall combo?

Last response: in Windows 7
August 20, 2010 3:59:20 PM

Please suggest FREE antivirus and firewall that WILL work together. Thanks.

Update: What do you think about free ZoneAlarm firewall and avast antivirus? Do they work together?
a b 8 Security
a b $ Windows 7
August 21, 2010 9:15:29 AM

Personally I am extremely happy with the built in Microsoft firewall and Microsoft Security Essentials. They do the job with the mimum of impact.
Related resources
August 21, 2010 9:39:47 AM

Ijack said:
Personally I am extremely happy with the built in Microsoft firewall and Microsoft Security Essentials. They do the job with the mimum of impact.

I don't like MSE because it doesn't support multithreading scan.
a b 8 Security
a b $ Windows 7
August 21, 2010 10:08:37 AM

I'll take your word for that (although Task Manager shows MSE as using 32 threads for the scanning engine on my PC). In the end I just like the way that it has minimal impact on real-world performance, unlike other free virus software that I have tried. But each to their own.
a b $ Windows 7
August 21, 2010 1:14:27 PM

I use MSE combined with Malwarebytes for manual scans.
I use the free version of Zonealarm for a firewall.
8 months on newest build and virus free.
a b 8 Security
a b $ Windows 7
August 21, 2010 2:03:27 PM

since were talking about legitimate free software, just to a search on free software reviews;
also on www.download.com and other sites as well.
August 21, 2010 3:12:17 PM

I decide to stay with the firewall built in W7 and choose the most popular popular antivirus other than MSE.

Avira Antivir or Avast? What do you say? Thanks.

Best solution

a b 8 Security
a b $ Windows 7
August 21, 2010 3:15:20 PM

Comodo or Avast.
I've said Comodo twice now.
August 21, 2010 3:27:01 PM

Comodo doesn't seem as popular as Avira Antivir and Avast.

I will get Avast then.
August 21, 2010 3:27:15 PM

Best answer selected by iqvl.
August 28, 2010 2:45:34 PM

any way i recommend u to use avira or avast antivirus, zone alarm firewall , malwarebytes anti malware and super anti spyware which are all the best to my view...
a b 8 Security
a b $ Windows 7
August 28, 2010 3:21:28 PM

dinesh babu said:
any way i recommend u to use avira or avast antivirus, zone alarm firewall , malwarebytes anti malware and super anti spyware which are all the best to my view...

too many applications, calm down with multiple software apps that do the same thing.
one good internet security suite should have all the tools that you need.
and I hate having security software from multiple manufacturers, cause conflicts..
just because you can download a lot of software and even hack them open,
you don't always need too.
a b 8 Security
a b $ Windows 7
August 28, 2010 3:22:47 PM

iqvl said:
Best answer selected by iqvl.
nnnthanks for best answer.nI'm just passing along knowledge. nP.S.nI do like the feature in Avast that lets you do a boot-scan before Windows loads.nNot saying that Comodo doesn't do that, I just don't know. nI have used the Avast before and would have went with Avast again, nbut after trying this Comodo Internet Security with it's networking features leaves me feeling secure about my rig.
August 29, 2010 4:57:08 AM

avast AV+comodo FW for me. ;) 
!