Hi,

I have a problem:
I can't install the new ATI CATALYST 4.9 because:

Setup failed to launch installation engine:
This interface is not supported.

(I translated it from German)

Have anyone a solution for that problem?

On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 13:19:32 -0700, NetPsycho wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a problem:
> I can't install the new ATI CATALYST 4.9 because:
>
> Setup failed to launch installation engine:
> This interface is not supported.
>
> (I translated it from German)
>
> Have anyone a solution for that problem?

Are you installing the right drivers for your display adapter? The error
message makes it sound as if the drivers you're trying to install are not
the ones for the hardware that is present.
--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

I have ATI Radeon 9600 XT
so that are the right drivers

When I want to install WinDVD6 this message appears too

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 06:14:01 -0700, Net Psycho wrote:

> I have ATI Radeon 9600 XT
> so that are the right drivers

There is a link at the ATI site that is titled "Repairing a Failed
Installation." The link leads to this page:
http://www.ati.com/support/installation/removal.html

> When I want to install WinDVD6 this message appears too

There are minimum system requirements for WinDVD. It's possible that this
won't install until you get your driver installed. Once the driver is
installed, confirm that you are using 24bit color and that you have at
least DirectX 8.1 installed (you're probably up to DX9 already so this part
shouldn't be an issue). Then try the WinDVD installation again.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

hm... the message appears when the InstallShield is
starting

I have also the minimum system requirements for WinDVD6
-Direct X9c
-older graphics drivers and they already worked with WinDVD

so I think that the problem is in InstallShield

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 07:15:18 -0700, NetPsycho wrote:

> hm... the message appears when the InstallShield is
> starting
>
> I have also the minimum system requirements for WinDVD6
> -Direct X9c
> -older graphics drivers and they already worked with WinDVD
>
> so I think that the problem is in InstallShield

Are you logged on with an account in the administrative group or utilizing
RunAs, when trying the installs?

Have you cleared all files in your Local Settings\Temp and Windows\Temp
folders before re-trying the installs?

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User