How to set defaults for program startup

I have a DVD program (Power DVD) and would like it to run automatically when
I insert a DVD. Where do I set the default application for each type of disc
inserted (DVD, CD, etc)?

If I've understand your question correctly you need to go into my computer
right click on the drive click on properties then goto the autoplay tab and
it should be in there hope this helps.