why does my search (any search) only take one word at a ti..

for reasons unknown to me, when I enter anything into a search, each time I
hit the space bar the address list drops down, and I have to click to get rid
of it, then click again after each word for it to take more than one word at
a time. I have been using windows XP for about a year now ( without actually
knowing how), and this has never happened before. Pls help, I'm quite
perplexed- thanks!
--
minna

Try putting the words within parentheses.
Gene http://www.photoprojects.net

minna wrote:

> for reasons unknown to me, when I enter anything into a search, each time I
> hit the space bar the address list drops down, and I have to click to get rid
> of it, then click again after each word for it to take more than one word at
> a time. I have been using windows XP for about a year now ( without actually
> knowing how), and this has never happened before. Pls help, I'm quite
> perplexed- thanks!
> --
> minna

Is this the Internet Explorer? In IE, tools, Internet Options, content tab,
AutoComplete button, clear forms.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"minna" <minna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> for reasons unknown to me, when I enter anything into a search, each time I
> hit the space bar the address list drops down, and I have to click to get rid
> of it, then click again after each word for it to take more than one word at
> a time. I have been using windows XP for about a year now ( without actually
> knowing how), and this has never happened before. Pls help, I'm quite
> perplexed- thanks!
> --
> minna

No, Verizon/msn. I thought it was the same as internet explorer, no?

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Is this the Internet Explorer? In IE, tools, Internet Options, content tab,
> AutoComplete button, clear forms.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MS MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://www.msauer.mvps.org/
> "minna" <minna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > for reasons unknown to me, when I enter anything into a search, each time I
> > hit the space bar the address list drops down, and I have to click to get rid
> > of it, then click again after each word for it to take more than one word at
> > a time. I have been using windows XP for about a year now ( without actually
> > knowing how), and this has never happened before. Pls help, I'm quite
> > perplexed- thanks!
> > --
> > minna

Why do you have to click away from it?

http://www.uscricket.com
"minna" <minna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46B30988-A47C-4385-AC1F-DDAC82AC96E8@microsoft.com...
> for reasons unknown to me, when I enter anything into a search, each time I
> hit the space bar the address list drops down, and I have to click to get rid
> of it, then click again after each word for it to take more than one word at
> a time. I have been using windows XP for about a year now ( without actually
> knowing how), and this has never happened before. Pls help, I'm quite
> perplexed- thanks!
> --
> minna

To be able to type more than one word I have to do all that in between each
word. I don't know if I'm explaining too well, but here's hoping! thx

"David Candy" wrote:

> Why do you have to click away from it?

> http://www.uscricket.com
> "minna" <minna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46B30988-A47C-4385-AC1F-DDAC82AC96E8@microsoft.com...
> > for reasons unknown to me, when I enter anything into a search, each time I
> > hit the space bar the address list drops down, and I have to click to get rid
> > of it, then click again after each word for it to take more than one word at
> > a time. I have been using windows XP for about a year now ( without actually
> > knowing how), and this has never happened before. Pls help, I'm quite
> > perplexed- thanks!
> > --
> > minna

What happens if you just keep typing?