Getting icons on the tool bar

On the left hand side of my task bar which I have on the bottom of my
screen, I had an icon for "Internet Explorer," Outlook Express, Explorer,
and a shortcut to a specific folder I use a lot. They suddenly disappeared
(I thought XP fixed such glitches). How do I get them back? I
right-clicked on the Explorer icon on the desktop and made a copy to the
desktop but can't seem to drag it down to the left side of the tool bar.
Ditto for the other ones.

I had this problem once before but can't remember how it got fixed.

Thanks

Chet

MadMax

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2003

CGB wrote:
> On the left hand side of my task bar which I have on the bottom of my
> screen, I had an icon for "Internet Explorer," Outlook Express, Explorer,
> and a shortcut to a specific folder I use a lot. They suddenly disappeared
> (I thought XP fixed such glitches). How do I get them back? I
> right-clicked on the Explorer icon on the desktop and made a copy to the
> desktop but can't seem to drag it down to the left side of the tool bar.
> Ditto for the other ones.
>
> I had this problem once before but can't remember how it got fixed.
>
> Thanks
>
> Chet

Did the"quick launch" toolbar disappear? If so, right click on taskbar
and check the quick launch.If it appears on the right side,drag it
towards the start button.Is the toolbar locked?Also I have found it
easier to work with if you drag the end to make it longer :)
And on my system(XP Pro SP2)I do not need to create a shortcut,I just
drag the icon to quick launch and it puts one there and leaves the
original icon on my desktop.
-max
--
To help you stay safe see: http://www.geocities.com/maxpro4u/madmax.html
Virus cleaning +fixes see: http://www.geocities.com/maxpro4u/TechPros

Yep, madmax, that fixed it!!! Many thanks. I.e. the "quick launch"
disappeared and the right clicking and selecting the toolbars and clicking
quick launch was the answer.

I had tried making a new shorcut, holding the right click down and dragging
to the left side of the task bar and releasing, expecting to opt for "move
here." But, it wouldn't let me, apparently because the quick launch portion
wasn't there.

Thanks again.

Chet