Getting icons on the tool bar

On the left hand side of my task bar which I have on the bottom of my
screen, I had an icon for "Internet Explorer," Outlook Express, Explorer,
and a shortcut to a specific folder I use a lot. They suddenly disappeared
(I thought XP fixed such glitches). How do I get them back? I
right-clicked on the Explorer icon on the desktop and made a copy to the
desktop but can't seem to drag it down to the left side of the tool bar.
Ditto for the other ones.

I had this problem once before but can't remember how it got fixed.

Thanks

Chet
2 answers Last reply
More about getting icons tool

    CGB wrote:
    > On the left hand side of my task bar which I have on the bottom of my
    > screen, I had an icon for "Internet Explorer," Outlook Express, Explorer,
    > and a shortcut to a specific folder I use a lot. They suddenly disappeared
    > (I thought XP fixed such glitches). How do I get them back? I
    > right-clicked on the Explorer icon on the desktop and made a copy to the
    > desktop but can't seem to drag it down to the left side of the tool bar.
    > Ditto for the other ones.
    >
    > I had this problem once before but can't remember how it got fixed.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Chet

    Did the"quick launch" toolbar disappear? If so, right click on taskbar
    and check the quick launch.If it appears on the right side,drag it
    towards the start button.Is the toolbar locked?Also I have found it
    easier to work with if you drag the end to make it longer :)
    And on my system(XP Pro SP2)I do not need to create a shortcut,I just
    drag the icon to quick launch and it puts one there and leaves the
    original icon on my desktop.
    -max
    --
    To help you stay safe see: http://www.geocities.com/maxpro4u/madmax.html
    Virus cleaning +fixes see: http://www.geocities.com/maxpro4u/TechPros

    Yep, madmax, that fixed it!!! Many thanks. I.e. the "quick launch"
    disappeared and the right clicking and selecting the toolbars and clicking
    quick launch was the answer.

    I had tried making a new shorcut, holding the right click down and dragging
    to the left side of the task bar and releasing, expecting to opt for "move
    here." But, it wouldn't let me, apparently because the quick launch portion
    wasn't there.

    Thanks again.

    Chet

    "madmax" <maxpro4u@nomail.afraid.org> wrote in message
    > CGB wrote:
    > > On the left hand side of my task bar which I have on the bottom of my
    > > screen, I had an icon for "Internet Explorer," Outlook Express,
    Explorer,
    > > and a shortcut to a specific folder I use a lot. They suddenly
    disappeared
    > > (I thought XP fixed such glitches). How do I get them back? I
    > > right-clicked on the Explorer icon on the desktop and made a copy to the
    > > desktop but can't seem to drag it down to the left side of the tool bar.
    > > Ditto for the other ones.
    > >
    > > I had this problem once before but can't remember how it got fixed.
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > Chet
    >
    > Did the"quick launch" toolbar disappear? If so, right click on taskbar
    > and check the quick launch.If it appears on the right side,drag it
    > towards the start button.Is the toolbar locked?Also I have found it
    > easier to work with if you drag the end to make it longer :)
    > And on my system(XP Pro SP2)I do not need to create a shortcut,I just
    > drag the icon to quick launch and it puts one there and leaves the
    > original icon on my desktop.
    > -max
    > --
    > To help you stay safe see: http://www.geocities.com/maxpro4u/madmax.html
    > Virus cleaning +fixes see: http://www.geocities.com/maxpro4u/TechPros
    > Change nomail.afraid.org to neo.rr.com so you can reply by e-mail
    > (nomail.afraid.org has been set up specifically for
    > use in Usenet. Feel free to use it yourself.)

Windows XP