XP service pack 2

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I've just installed XP home. I've heard service pack 2
causes some problems? Will all programs you have still
work? Will it interfer with yahoo messanger? I'm not sure
if i should install service pack 2? What problems have you
found with the update?

Thank you.
Tom

Hi Tom,

The vast majority install SP2 and have no issues. Relatively few actually
have problems, and these are generally due to having a problem on the system
to begin with (eg: spyware).

> Will all programs you have still work?

Yes.

> Will it interfer with yahoo messanger?

Haven't heard anywhere that it would.

> I'm not sure if i should install service pack 2?

If you are connected to the internet, then you should.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"tom" <twj47@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I've just installed XP home. I've heard service pack 2
> causes some problems? Will all programs you have still
> work? Will it interfer with yahoo messanger? I'm not sure
> if i should install service pack 2? What problems have you
> found with the update?
>
> Thank you.
> Tom

Having scumware is *not* the only cause for problems with SP2.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:Otk2gInqEHA.2900@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
Rick "Nutcase" Rogers <rick@mvps.org> hunted and pecked:
> Hi Tom,
>
> The vast majority install SP2 and have no issues. Relatively few
> actually have problems, and these are generally due to having a
> problem on the system to begin with (eg: spyware).
>
>> Will all programs you have still work?
>
> Yes.
>
>> Will it interfer with yahoo messanger?
>
> Haven't heard anywhere that it would.
>
>> I'm not sure if i should install service pack 2?
>
> If you are connected to the internet, then you should.
>

> "tom" <twj47@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> I've just installed XP home. I've heard service pack 2
>> causes some problems? Will all programs you have still
>> work? Will it interfer with yahoo messanger? I'm not sure
>> if i should install service pack 2? What problems have you
>> found with the update?
>>
>> Thank you.
>> Tom

Hi
I also have a query about Pack2. i forgot to instal anti-virus before doing
the dowmload for pack2 and I wonder if now I have to uninstal it or how can I
go on for a free anti-virus after that? Is it better then to use the firewall
from my modem/router + encryption than xp firewall right? thanks

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

> Hi Tom,
>
> The vast majority install SP2 and have no issues. Relatively few actually
> have problems, and these are generally due to having a problem on the system
> to begin with (eg: spyware).
>
> > Will all programs you have still work?
>
> Yes.
>
> > Will it interfer with yahoo messanger?
>
> Haven't heard anywhere that it would.
>
> > I'm not sure if i should install service pack 2?
>
> If you are connected to the internet, then you should.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "tom" <twj47@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > I've just installed XP home. I've heard service pack 2
> > causes some problems? Will all programs you have still
> > work? Will it interfer with yahoo messanger? I'm not sure
> > if i should install service pack 2? What problems have you
> > found with the update?
> >
> > Thank you.
> > Tom

Hi Wesley,

1) I stated "generally", meaning not always.

2) eg=example, meaning it's not the only reason but it is a good example.

--

> Having scumware is *not* the only cause for problems with SP2.
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> Wes
>
> In news:Otk2gInqEHA.2900@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
> Rick "Nutcase" Rogers <rick@mvps.org> hunted and pecked:
>> Hi Tom,
>>
>> The vast majority install SP2 and have no issues. Relatively few
>> actually have problems, and these are generally due to having a
>> problem on the system to begin with (eg: spyware).
>>
>>> Will all programs you have still work?
>>
>> Yes.
>>
>>> Will it interfer with yahoo messanger?
>>
>> Haven't heard anywhere that it would.
>>
>>> I'm not sure if i should install service pack 2?
>>
>> If you are connected to the internet, then you should.
>>

>> "tom" <twj47@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> I've just installed XP home. I've heard service pack 2
>>> causes some problems? Will all programs you have still
>>> work? Will it interfer with yahoo messanger? I'm not sure
>>> if i should install service pack 2? What problems have you
>>> found with the update?
>>>
>>> Thank you.
>>> Tom

Hi Rick,

I guess that I'm a little hot as I had problems with SP2 and uninstalled it.
And scumware was not the problem.

And you're right, scumware can be a big problem.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:%23IzYAqyqEHA.4008@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
Rick "Nutcase" Rogers <rick@mvps.org> hunted and pecked:
> Hi Wesley,
>
> 1) I stated "generally", meaning not always.
>
> 2) eg=example, meaning it's not the only reason but it is a good
> example.

>> Having scumware is *not* the only cause for problems with SP2.
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>> Wes
>>
>> In news:Otk2gInqEHA.2900@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
>> Rick "Nutcase" Rogers <rick@mvps.org> hunted and pecked:
>>> Hi Tom,
>>>
>>> The vast majority install SP2 and have no issues. Relatively few
>>> actually have problems, and these are generally due to having a
>>> problem on the system to begin with (eg: spyware).

>>> Yes.

>>> Haven't heard anywhere that it would.

>>> If you are connected to the internet, then you should.
>>>

>>> "tom" <twj47@yahoo.com> wrote in message

What sort of problems Wes?