XP is norton friendly

Yea, i am not a nerd so this is frustrating......I buy
the upgrade and $100 later and I have no longer got
Norton Anti Virus, or my ad blocker Pest Patrol ($40)or
whatever else I do not know.

and even better i have been trying for the last 5 hours
to get my system working again

at least i have internet.......UNPROTECTED
INTERNET.....thanks Microsoft, wonder where you will be
if this system gets hacked.......oh yea, just stay
offline. I'm sure that why I PAID for the upgrade.

been on the phone waiting to hear a human voice for a
long time now. on hold now as i text.

if i did not already load in xp upgrade, I would take it
back for a refund.

Good luck to the rest of you.
3 answers Last reply
More about norton friendly

    Uninstall Norton AV and PestPatrol.
    Download, install, update and search with Ad-aware. http://www.lavasoftusa.com
    Download and install SP2. Re-install Norton and Pest Patrol.

    "Bruce" wrote:

    > Yea, i am not a nerd so this is frustrating......I buy
    > the upgrade and $100 later and I have no longer got
    > Norton Anti Virus, or my ad blocker Pest Patrol ($40)or
    > whatever else I do not know.
    >
    > and even better i have been trying for the last 5 hours
    > to get my system working again
    >
    > at least i have internet.......UNPROTECTED
    > INTERNET.....thanks Microsoft, wonder where you will be
    > if this system gets hacked.......oh yea, just stay
    > offline. I'm sure that why I PAID for the upgrade.
    >
    > been on the phone waiting to hear a human voice for a
    > long time now. on hold now as i text.
    >
    > if i did not already load in xp upgrade, I would take it
    > back for a refund.
    >
    > Good luck to the rest of you.

    Bruce;
    Are those versions compatible with windows XP?
    Is the windows XP firewall enabled:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=283673

    Uninstall/Reinstall them or check with their manufacturers for
    troubleshooting.

    Follow the Service pack Installation checklist if you plan to install
    SP-2:

    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

    "Bruce" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Yea, i am not a nerd so this is frustrating......I buy
    > the upgrade and $100 later and I have no longer got
    > Norton Anti Virus, or my ad blocker Pest Patrol ($40)or
    > whatever else I do not know.
    >
    > and even better i have been trying for the last 5 hours
    > to get my system working again
    >
    > at least i have internet.......UNPROTECTED
    > INTERNET.....thanks Microsoft, wonder where you will be
    > if this system gets hacked.......oh yea, just stay
    > offline. I'm sure that why I PAID for the upgrade.
    >
    > been on the phone waiting to hear a human voice for a
    > long time now. on hold now as i text.
    >
    > if i did not already load in xp upgrade, I would take it
    > back for a refund.
    >
    > Good luck to the rest of you.

    I have SystemWorks 2004 which includes Norton anti-virus and I had no real
    problems. Did you follow the advice given out here and all over. Which
    was:

    (Before installing SP2:

    (1) disable your 3rd party firewall. (if you go to get the upgrade on the
    net, then enable XP's firewall)
    (2) delete cookies, temp files, & history.
    (3) disable your anti-virus program.
    (4) - make sure you have no adware or spyware - run Adaware and Spybot and
    whatever other anti-spyware program, right before you upgrade.

    Did you do all of that? There was probably more advice than that. But
    since my upgrade was successful, I haven't looked around a whole lot.

    ...D.
    --------------------------
    On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 18:01:52 -0700, "Bruce"

    >Yea, i am not a nerd so this is frustrating......I buy
    >the upgrade and $100 later and I have no longer got
    >Norton Anti Virus, or my ad blocker Pest Patrol ($40)or
    >whatever else I do not know.
    >
    >and even better i have been trying for the last 5 hours
    >to get my system working again
    >
    >at least i have internet.......UNPROTECTED
    >INTERNET.....thanks Microsoft, wonder where you will be
    >if this system gets hacked.......oh yea, just stay
    >offline. I'm sure that why I PAID for the upgrade.
    >
    >been on the phone waiting to hear a human voice for a
    >long time now. on hold now as i text.
    >
    >if i did not already load in xp upgrade, I would take it
    >back for a refund.
    >
    >Good luck to the rest of you.

Norton Microsoft Windows XP