Notepad in Windows XP

Is there any way to make Notepad a shortcut on the Desktop?
TIA
Dannie

go to Start->Programs->Accessories. Right click on Notepad and select
SendTo->Desktop

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

"Dannie" <sloopoke.noname@nospam.optonline.net> wrote in message
> Is there any way to make Notepad a shortcut on the Desktop?
> TIA
> Dannie

Sorry Harry but do not have Notepad in Accessories. Any way to get notepad
that you know of?
TIA
Dannie

> go to Start->Programs->Accessories. Right click on Notepad and select
> SendTo->Desktop
>
> --
>
> Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
> www.webtree.ca/windowsxp
>

> "Dannie" <sloopoke.noname@nospam.optonline.net> wrote in message
>> Is there any way to make Notepad a shortcut on the Desktop?
>> TIA
>> Dannie

Start | Run | Type: notepad | OK

Does it open?

notepad.exe lives here...
C:\WINDOWS\notepad.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\notepad.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\notepad.exe

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:VKw8d.18238$g%5.4758614@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net,
Dannie <sloopoke.noname@nospam.optonline.net> hunted and pecked:
> Sorry Harry but do not have Notepad in Accessories. Any way to get
> notepad that you know of?
> TIA
> Dannie
>
> "Harry Ohrn" <harry---@webtree.ca> wrote in message
>> go to Start->Programs->Accessories. Right click on Notepad and select
>> SendTo->Desktop
>>
>> --
>>
>> Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
>> www.webtree.ca/windowsxp
>>

>> "Dannie" <sloopoke.noname@nospam.optonline.net> wrote in message
>>> Is there any way to make Notepad a shortcut on the Desktop?
>>> TIA
>>> Dannie

Thanks Wesley. Worked great and now I have it on my desktop which is where I
want it.
Dannie

> Start | Run | Type: notepad | OK
>
> Does it open?
>
> notepad.exe lives here...
> C:\WINDOWS\notepad.exe
> C:\WINDOWS\system32\notepad.exe
> C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\notepad.exe
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> Wes
>
> In news:VKw8d.18238$g%5.4758614@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net,
> Dannie <sloopoke.noname@nospam.optonline.net> hunted and pecked:
>> Sorry Harry but do not have Notepad in Accessories. Any way to get
>> notepad that you know of?
>> TIA
>> Dannie
>>
>> "Harry Ohrn" <harry---@webtree.ca> wrote in message
>>> go to Start->Programs->Accessories. Right click on Notepad and select
>>> SendTo->Desktop
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
>>> www.webtree.ca/windowsxp
>>>

>>> "Dannie" <sloopoke.noname@nospam.optonline.net> wrote in message

You might want to look at http://www.editpadclassic.com/editpadclassic.html, for
a replacement for Notepad....
gm

Dannie wrote:

> Thanks Wesley. Worked great and now I have it on my desktop which is where I
> want it.
> Dannie

> > Start | Run | Type: notepad | OK
> >
> > Does it open?
> >
> > notepad.exe lives here...
> > C:\WINDOWS\notepad.exe
> > C:\WINDOWS\system32\notepad.exe
> > C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\notepad.exe
> >
> > --
> > Hope this helps. Let us know.
> > Wes
> >
> > In news:VKw8d.18238$g%5.4758614@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net,
> > Dannie <sloopoke.noname@nospam.optonline.net> hunted and pecked:
> >> Sorry Harry but do not have Notepad in Accessories. Any way to get
> >> notepad that you know of?
> >> TIA
> >> Dannie
> >>
> >> "Harry Ohrn" <harry---@webtree.ca> wrote in message

Good to hear. Keep having fun!! :)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:bVD8d.24583$g%5.5909648@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net,
Dannie <sloopoke.noname@nospam.optonline.net> hunted and pecked:
> Thanks Wesley. Worked great and now I have it on my desktop which is
> where I want it.
> Dannie

>> Start | Run | Type: notepad | OK
>>
>> Does it open?
>>
>> notepad.exe lives here...
>> C:\WINDOWS\notepad.exe
>> C:\WINDOWS\system32\notepad.exe
>> C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\notepad.exe
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>> Wes
>>
>> In news:VKw8d.18238$g%5.4758614@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net,
>> Dannie <sloopoke.noname@nospam.optonline.net> hunted and pecked:
>>> Sorry Harry but do not have Notepad in Accessories. Any way to get
>>> notepad that you know of?
>>> TIA
>>> Dannie
>>>
>>> "Harry Ohrn" <harry---@webtree.ca> wrote in message

Find notepad in start\all programs. right click on it and choose create
shortcut. drag the new shortcut to your desktop

If notepad is not listed in all-programs or accessories, find it in a
folder on your hard drive (search for it with search if you have to).
Find what is probably notepad.exe. right click on it. create shortcut.
drag the shortcut to your desktop.
...D.
-------
OT : The steel knights (st33l_kn1ghts) are a smaller chatroom group (Yahoo
Messenger based) of computer users. Enjoy knowing the people you are in a
chatroom environment with, and having some new friends to Instant Message.
Beginners are welcome. Those of us who know computers can help you.
Requirements: be a semi-responsible individual.
http://www.steel-knights.com (We don't just talk computers).

On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 12:48:53 GMT, "Dannie"