mario

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2003

i have a problem with my computer, it keeps restarting by itself. i know it
is not blaster or sasser worms (checked for them). the computer just randomly
restarts at any givin time. i'll be using the computer then and small blue
boox pops up in the middle of the screen with the msg: "off mode in 5 secs"
any suggestions.

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 21:41:03 -0700, "mario"
<mario@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>i have a problem with my computer, it keeps restarting by itself. i know it
>is not blaster or sasser worms (checked for them). the computer just randomly
>restarts at any givin time. i'll be using the computer then and small blue
>boox pops up in the middle of the screen with the msg: "off mode in 5 secs"
>any suggestions.

Looks like no one has answered you in a couple of days after you posted.
Honestly, I haven't seen this problem before unless it was because of a
worm, which you say you do not have. So that's probably why no one has
answered you.
...D.
-------
OT : The steel knights (st33l_kn1ghts) are a smaller chatroom group (Yahoo
Messenger based) of computer users. Enjoy knowing the people you are in a
chatroom environment with, and having some new friends to Instant Message.
Beginners are welcome. Those of us who know computers can help you.
Requirements: be a semi-responsible individual.
http://www.steel-knights.com (We don't just talk computers).