What's the best site to see NEW GAMES coming out?

Spitfire7

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2007
Hey whats the best site to see what new games are coming out? Seems like I am always the last to know and hear about a new game over some forum.

rayzor

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2004
I always browse through different sights and in doing so pick up on different future releases. Some sites will have info on one specific game, while another will have info on another game. I'm not sure if there's a website specifically related to future releases.

robwright

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006
We've thought about doing some type of feature for the redesign of Tom's Games that would include a weekly list of scheduled releases. If that's something people are interested in, feel free to let me know.

Spitfire7

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2007

Yeah I am definitely interested. Especially if it covers all categories like racing, simulations, etc.

exfileme

Splendid
sixty-ninth dammit

Besides a Coming Soon list, what if we actually do.....

hang on....

wait for it....

here it comes....

almost there....

drum roll please....

DAILY NEWS and GAME PREVIEWS!

:heink:

and then.... THEN... when someone asks "Hey whats the best site to see what new games are coming out" you can immediately say "Tom's Games you friggin moron!" :pt1cable: It's time for someone to dethrone the IGN/CNET/UGO behemoths.

sonkut

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
I agree, toms games sounds teh win.

anyone heard anything about that spore game, i hear it was coming out this year but it's been so long since the initial preview.

exfileme

Splendid

Hmmm maybe I'll annoy EA and look into that... so far the release date is set for September 7, 2008

robwright

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006
Check it out:

http://www.tomsgames.com/us/2008/04/14/twig_april15/

It's not quite a finished product yet, obviously. I tried to come up with something short and sweet that we could do every week that would list the new and recent releases. So let me know what you think. Is the "This Week in Gaming" title lame? Should it be something like "The TG Game Calendar" or something like that? Are the descriptions too long or too short? Should we have more screenshots? Should we list more titles?

Holler back, thanks.

bf2142-rules-ok

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2007
Title is fine. Description length is fine. Would 'really' prefer not to have the different platforms all lumped together. I am afraid I am as lazy as the next man, being 'just' a PC gamer if i have to start scrolling through reviews of games i can't play, and consequently not interested in, I am not inclined to look in the first place. I am sure you can easily devise it so that you can select on the particular platform ,or platforms, or 'all platforms' you wish to look at. Will there be a way to look back at previous weeks reviews, i.e an archive?

physx7

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2007

I think the title is a little weak.

Maybe:

Tom's to be Released Roundup? Or TG's Weekly Gaming World Roundup? ,TG's Gaming world at a glimpse Weekly Edition,TG's Upcoming Titles Roundup, TG's attempt at outdoing all the other gaming sites??

As you can see I'm not so great with titles.

And I personally would like a few more screenshots. And videos would be great to. I agree with the above poster where all the different platforms need to be separated.

vvhocare5

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
There used to be a site calle Gonegold.com. It tracked in detail the release dates of every PC game (maybe consoles but I didnt care). That site would list the projected gold date and update that every week until it went GOLD.

It had the typical early reviews. More screen shots are always welcome as are vid's of the games.

A weekly update is too infrequent in todays world. I know it takes a lot of work to come up with daily news

Spitfire7

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2007

I see what you are trying to do, but I think you are making it to complicated. Just make a section right at the top or on the left called "New Releases." Then put them into the standard categories like Racing, RPG, First Person Shooter, Simulation, etc. Then have a fold Archived games. After 7 to 10 months, the games become archived unless still the hot topic for the year. I looked around on your site and I still couldn't find where the new releases were. To much news and info makes it harder to find what you are looking for.

Tron87

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
What you have up Rob is nice but a week at a time may be a little small. Ign compiles a list of release dates that is nice. the problem is that there are so many crap titles that they include that after a minute of looking for ones you care about you get fed up.

I would like something that maybe looks at the upcoming month or two. Maybe even a quater at a time. it would take a few tries to find the sweet spot of how much time, how many games, how much content to have for each title. A great focus would be on the big and good games like the ones you have in your article now but also make sure any Psyconaut types/gems don't slip through the cracks. Whatching ST and reading your articles I trust that you will pick games that warrant interest.

I suppose I just was a little more foresight. Maybe "Next Month in Gaming."

Oh Snap

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2008

Yeah it'd be nice to see what to check the torrent sites for :)

RobWright: :non:

Sengoku

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2007
Maybe two lists: One listing every game, and one listing every game that at least ONE editor at Toms games, or the fans have given a thumbs up in an "interested in seeing" check.

I would be exculded because I'm not an editor, and because I tend to go for the really weird stuff.

Oh Snap

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2008

I think if you just took out the upcoming game titles part, we have ourselves a winner.