Hi all,

in some earlier version, you could give a rogue merc +3 skills and they
wuold get a really cool (and very damaging) lightning attack. Can you still
do that in 1.10?

I think they could also get other skills depending on how many +skills they
had. Anyone know what these skilles were/are?

TIA

Devast8or

"Devast8or" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

> in some earlier version, you could give a rogue merc +3 skills and they
> wuold get a really cool (and very damaging) lightning attack. Can you
still
> do that in 1.10?

Nope. It was a bug, they fixed it in 1.10.

> I think they could also get other skills depending on how many +skills
they
> had. Anyone know what these skilles were/are?

Not off hand, but diabloii.net has a list of them somewhere on their site.

> TIA
>
> Devast8or

"Devast8or" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> in some earlier version, you could give a rogue merc +3 skills and they
> wuold get a really cool (and very damaging) lightning attack. Can you
still
> do that in 1.10?
>
> I think they could also get other skills depending on how many +skills
they
> had. Anyone know what these skilles were/are?
>
> TIA
>
> Devast8or

I think +1 made them shoot their elemental attack all the time instead of
alternating
+2.....don't remember. Maybe switch between fire and cold??
+3 Lightning
+4 or +5, Nifty Poison Attack.

short - no clue after that

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.games.diablo/browse_thread/thread/db7fece776efeb2b/ed69a8cf137beeac?q=rogue+merc+skills&_done=%2Fgroup%2Falt.games.diablo%2Fsearch%3Fgroup%3Dalt.games.diablo%26q%3Drogue+merc+skills%26qt_g%3D1%26&_doneTitle=Back+to+Search&&d#ed69a8cf137beeac

Shiflet wrote:
> "Devast8or" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>
>> in some earlier version, you could give a rogue merc +3 skills and
>> they wuold get a really cool (and very damaging) lightning attack.
>> Can you still do that in 1.10?
>
> Nope. It was a bug, they fixed it in 1.10.

Ok.

>> I think they could also get other skills depending on how many
>> +skills they had. Anyone know what these skilles were/are?
>
> Not off hand, but diabloii.net has a list of them somewhere on their
> site.

Found them, but they seem a bit outdated (the rogue's lightning attack is
still on there, så who knows what else is changed).

Thanks to both of you.

Devast8or

"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> wrote in message
> short wrote:
> > "Devast8or" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> in some earlier version, you could give a rogue merc +3 skills and
> >> they wuold get a really cool (and very damaging) lightning attack.
> >> Can you still do that in 1.10?
> >>
> >> I think they could also get other skills depending on how many
> >> +skills they had. Anyone know what these skilles were/are?
> >>
> >> TIA
> >>
> >> Devast8or
> >>

> > I think +1 made them shoot their elemental attack all the time
> > instead of alternating
> > +2.....don't remember. Maybe switch between fire and cold??
> > +3 Lightning
> > +4 or +5, Nifty Poison Attack.
>
> +4. Nifty? It missed most of the time unless the target was stationary and
> very close.
> --
> ~misfit~

I only saw it in action a few times, in Hell Cows. Get a mob big enough and
even I couldn't miss :)

short