Windows Restored

I restored the original settings for Windows XP. While the PC is trying to
log back on, I am getting a message that says it cannot validate the password
and then continues to try to logon. It is not getting past the black Windows
XP screen, so you can't type or do anything. Can anyone help?

angela <angela@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I restored the original settings for Windows XP. While the PC is trying to
>log back on, I am getting a message that says it cannot validate the password
>and then continues to try to logon. It is not getting past the black Windows
>XP screen, so you can't type or do anything. Can anyone help?

You may be better off to ask where you bought the PC. They should know
what the Restore-CD did do to the machine and if there is a standard
password for their computers.

--
(tm)

Thanks Thorsten. However, I did not use a CD-It is a Hewlett Packard and I
Restored the PC back to factory settings. Now it won't do a thing.

"Thorsten Matzner" wrote:

> angela <angela@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I restored the original settings for Windows XP. While the PC is trying to
> >log back on, I am getting a message that says it cannot validate the password
> >and then continues to try to logon. It is not getting past the black Windows
> >XP screen, so you can't type or do anything. Can anyone help?
>
> You may be better off to ask where you bought the PC. They should know
> what the Restore-CD did do to the machine and if there is a standard
> password for their computers.
>
> --
> (tm)

angela <angela@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Thanks Thorsten. However, I did not use a CD-It is a Hewlett Packard and I
>Restored the PC back to factory settings. Now it won't do a thing.

Anyway you should get better help from HP. You could re-run the
Restore operation as well to see if this is a reproduceable problem or
if this solves it all.

--
(tm)

Thorsten, I should call HP for help? I would rerun it but it will not do a
thing. It just keeps trying to log into windows after it gives me the
message. It gives no option to do anything and no matter what I press, it
does nothing. It tries to log onto Windows then gives the message about the
password, 5secs the message goes away and it immediately tries to log on
again. It just continues to do this over and over unless you kill the power.

"Thorsten Matzner" wrote:

> angela <angela@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Thanks Thorsten. However, I did not use a CD-It is a Hewlett Packard and I
> >Restored the PC back to factory settings. Now it won't do a thing.
>
> Anyway you should get better help from HP. You could re-run the
> Restore operation as well to see if this is a reproduceable problem or
> if this solves it all.
>
> --
> (tm)

angela <angela@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Thorsten, I should call HP for help?

I would do so. OEM versions of Windows are not standardized, so no-one
will better know what is happening here.

--
(tm)