New ASUS A7N8X Deluxe FINAL Bios!

halkebul

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2002
<font color=blue>ftp://ftp.asuscom.de/pub/ASUSCOM/BIOS/Socket_A/NVIDIA_Chipset/nForce2/A7N8X_Deluxe/</font color=blue>

<b>Deluxe version only!</b>

<i>It's your world kid!!!</i>

fiask0

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002
I updated my bios right now. It was EXTREMELY scary since it didn't ask me to save my old one and it just started writing and reprogamming the new one, it also auto-rebooted..good thing nvidia owns in their product. I have a feeling if this was via and this happened, I'd be ordering something from www.biosworld.com .

Proud owner of a7n8x

stupid_tech_geek

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2002
I'm waiting on delivery of the deluxe model of this board and I'm just wondering if there's any driver issues with win xp. Does the twin channel memory controller show a noticeable improvement. Is the onboard sound chip good?

Proud wannabe owner of an a7n8x

Just another slave to Gatesware.

Victory

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2002
I as well(I've got my ASUS board, but only have the standard, haven't installed it yet) wonder about whether or not it's truly necessary to start from a fresh install. Also I'd like comments from current owners on the overall quality/performance of this board. I personally like ABIT over Asus, but the availability made the Asus a better buy at the moment.

:cool: Save heating costs on your home, overclock your PC!!! :cool:

halkebul

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2002
Is is possible to get the WinXP's IDE drivers and transfer them to Win2K? After all, they are pretty much the same aren't they?
I'm not sure. I'll go to nforcershq.com/forum and see what I can find.

<i>It's your world kid!!!</i>

Spitfire_x86

Splendid
Jun 26, 2002
From what I've read in that forum so far, the 2.0 drivers included IDE drivers for nForce2 but NOT for nForce.

I am using a nForce 420-D mobo with 1.13 drivers and using Win2000. No problem with IDE performance so far, DMA works.

Let us know what is the Best Chipset of 2002 in your eye.<A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/community/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=26410#26410" target="_new"> Click </A>

barnbuster

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2002
I have no experience with the standard board but I have built 3 systems with the deluxe model and have nothing but praise to say. Yes Abit puts out a very fine product but the Asus A7n8x deluxe board is a perfect solution for the systems that I am marketing right now. I really like the dual lan. I have had no problems so far and am starting to set up my own system with this board this afternoon.

XT600_Crix

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2002
Are you sure this is the Final release...
The date says 06.12.2002, that one I've tried (unless they changed it in the last 4 days)and had nothing but problems.
The multipliers don't set correctley and won't stay... and u often get the "CPU over speed warning" (even if you set it to the default..)
Anyone tried this one?
Any problems?

That's not a knife... THIS is a knife!

Makaveli

Splendid
Yes alot of people are having issues with that bios. with Mulitipliers not working and such. I'm sticking to 1001.c which is what came with my board. until a better bios is released