FULL VERSION ANTIVIRUS PROGRAM ON XP SP2?

Pamela

Hi I am in need of help regarding windows xp sp2. I
don't have an antivirus program on my operating system.
I was took by a computer expert(LOL) that I didn't need
to install an antivirus protection program on my system
because windows xp sp2 has one. Is this true? If true,
how do I activate it??

Hi

Your computer 'expert' is wrong. SP2 doesn't include an Anti Virus progam.
If you haven't got one, please install one ASAP - one free AV program is
AVG- www.grisoft.com

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User

Pamela wrote:
> Hi I am in need of help regarding windows xp sp2. I
> don't have an antivirus program on my operating system.
> I was took by a computer expert(LOL) that I didn't need
> to install an antivirus protection program on my system
> because windows xp sp2 has one. Is this true? If true,
> how do I activate it??

You have a broken computer expert. Return it for a refund.

Your computer expert is not giving you good advice. You can find several
good options. This one is excellent and is free for 12 months
http://www.my-etrust.com/microsoft/index.cfm

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

"Pamela" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi I am in need of help regarding windows xp sp2. I
> don't have an antivirus program on my operating system.
> I was took by a computer expert(LOL) that I didn't need
> to install an antivirus protection program on my system
> because windows xp sp2 has one. Is this true? If true,
> how do I activate it??

Go to control panel and click on 'security center' and follow the
instructions for
turning on the antivirus system.

"Pamela" wrote:

> Hi I am in need of help regarding windows xp sp2. I
> don't have an antivirus program on my operating system.
> I was took by a computer expert(LOL) that I didn't need
> to install an antivirus protection program on my system
> because windows xp sp2 has one. Is this true? If true,
> how do I activate it??

SP2 does *not* come with an antivirus program.

Tom

Laney wrote:
> Go to control panel and click on 'security center' and follow the
> instructions for
> turning on the antivirus system.

There is NO antivirus protect to turn on. The most the Security
Center can do is monitor some 3rd party antivirus applications to
ensure that they're up-to-date.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having
both at once. - RAH

My bad sorry about the false info just trying to help