3 answers Last reply
More about updating driver nvidia mx440

    Because it's probably older than the one you already have. Use updated
    drivers from the nVidia website at www.nvidia.com
    www.coribright.com

    "Hoa" <leth5591@REMOVE_456CAPSgmail.com.invalid> wrote in message
    news:eXqyfd1qEHA.3840@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    > Hi there,
    > In Windows Update, I was given an optional hardware update which is to
    > update the driver for NVIDIA GE4 MX440 SE video adapter. I followed the
    > instructions correctly but somehow the installation procedure failed.
    > This
    > happened on 2 different occasions, so I am wondering why.
    >
    > --
    > Hoa
    > anonymous@discussions.mykrosof.com.invld.
    >
    > "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"
    > Benjamin Franklin

    Thank you Cari. I have already gone to the nvidia website to download and
    update the driver BUT the procedure still fails. I was given the reason
    that NVIDIA driver does not meet MS software lab (?) quality requirements.
    What gives?

    --

    "Cari (MS MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
    > Because it's probably older than the one you already have. Use updated
    > drivers from the nVidia website at www.nvidia.com
    > www.coribright.com
    >
    > "Hoa" <leth5591@REMOVE_456CAPSgmail.com.invalid> wrote in message
    > > Hi there,
    > > In Windows Update, I was given an optional hardware update which is to
    > > update the driver for NVIDIA GE4 MX440 SE video adapter. I followed the
    > > instructions correctly but somehow the installation procedure failed.
    > > This
    > > happened on 2 different occasions, so I am wondering why.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Hoa
    > > anonymous@discussions.mykrosof.com.invld.
    > >
    > > "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"
    > > Benjamin Franklin

    I have an NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440. I just installed the latest NVidia driver
    software yesterday.

    Windows XP/2000 Version: 61.77
    Release Date: July 27, 2004
    61.77_win2kxp_english.exe
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_61.77

    Part way through the install a warning came up saying something about
    drivers not being signed. Click Ignore or similar and keep on trucking.

    Mine installed fine. After the install, I disabled NVIDIA Display Driver
    Service and stopped two or three other worthless NVidia programs from
    starting automatically.

    Black Viper on the NVIDIA Display Driver Service (nvsvc32.exe)
    http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/strangeservice.htm

    [[This service is installed when you change from the WDM drivers to
    nVidia's latest and greatest version. The service uses about 945k and zero
    CPU. I have even experienced EXTREME shutdown delays with this service
    active, but no adverse side effects with it disabled unless you override
    your refresh rate. This service is required to override monitor refresh
    rates in OpenGL games. In DirectX games, you can disable this service and
    run "dxdiag" and override the refresh rate there. NOTE: If using drivers
    other than nVidia's, such as Asus, this service may have been renamed to
    reflect that.]]

    Other than that, all is well with the drivers themselves. :-)

    [[NVIDIA Driver Installation Hints
    Ver 53.03
    "Download Accelerator" utilities should be disabled when downloading any
    drivers.
    Do not run virus protection software in the background while installing the
    drivers. This prevents the driver from configuring itself properly.
    Before installing new drivers make sure you uninstall all NVIDIA display
    drivers from the Windows Control Panel. Browse to the Start Menu > Windows
    Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and search for "NVIDIA Windows Display
    Drivers" or "NVIDIA Display Drivers" and select remove.]]

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:%23sgaIo5qEHA.2732@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
    Hoa <leth5591@REMOVE_456CAPSgmail.com.invalid> hunted and pecked:
    > Thank you Cari. I have already gone to the nvidia website to
    > download and update the driver BUT the procedure still fails. I was
    > given the reason that NVIDIA driver does not meet MS software lab (?)
    > quality requirements. What gives?
    >

    > "Cari (MS MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
    >> Because it's probably older than the one you already have. Use
    >> updated drivers from the nVidia website at www.nvidia.com
    >> --
    >> Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
    >> www.coribright.com
    >>
    >> "Hoa" <leth5591@REMOVE_456CAPSgmail.com.invalid> wrote in message
    >>> Hi there,
    >>> In Windows Update, I was given an optional hardware update which is
    >>> to update the driver for NVIDIA GE4 MX440 SE video adapter. I
    >>> followed the instructions correctly but somehow the installation
    >>> procedure failed. This
    >>> happened on 2 different occasions, so I am wondering why.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Hoa
    >>> anonymous@discussions.mykrosof.com.invld.
    >>>
    >>> "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"
    >>> Benjamin Franklin

Windows Update Microsoft Nvidia Windows XP