PS3 & Yellow Dog Linux or Other Flavor of Linux

Tags:
  • Console Gaming
  • Playstation
  • Linux
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
April 7, 2008 2:07:04 PM

Has anyone on here tried adding linux to your ps3, just wondering if you have screen shots etc and can give a short review of how well it handles plus what your able to do with it. I am toying with the idea right now and think I probably going to add Yellow Dog 6 in the next few days just wanted to see what experiences people had had with it.

More about : ps3 yellow dog linux flavor linux

April 7, 2008 5:30:15 PM

diplomat696 said:
Has anyone on here tried adding linux to your ps3, just wondering if you have screen shots etc and can give a short review of how well it handles plus what your able to do with it. I am toying with the idea right now and think I probably going to add Yellow Dog 6 in the next few days just wanted to see what experiences people had had with it.

I have been working on getting Ubuntu to work with it, but it is giving me resolution problems so I am thinking of just formatting my ps3 hard drive back to normal as I have been unsuccessful overall. I am unable to do much once I get into the OS because of th resolution problems. U may have more luck...I am not genius on linux!

Best,

3Ball
April 8, 2008 12:35:27 AM

ok well i got yellow dog 6 installed on my ps3 and it all looks really nice but why does linux have to be such a ***** pain in the *** when it comes to getting stuff working like a wifi connection haha

if there are any ydl6 experts out there who might be able to help i got the wireless connection active but cannot connect to any websites for some strange reason.

any advice would be appreciated. I think this could be really cool if I can get the internet working im good to go and all the 360 fan bois can suck a **** hahah nah just kidding but this is fun messing with linux on a "console"

Edit wireless now working on YDL6 PS3 dual booting linux and the game os yay fun, if anyone has any experiences with this or has done any cool stuff holler at ya boi.
April 14, 2008 11:06:23 PM

DHCP sucks on my end. Maybe your's too?
!