My Documents at Logon

Greg

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Everytime I logon, "My Documents" opens in two different
windows. I am new to XP and and would like to logon to
just my desktop.

Thanks in advance.

Greg;
Go here:
Line 255 Right side "My Documents folder..."

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"Greg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Everytime I logon, "My Documents" opens in two different
> windows. I am new to XP and and would like to logon to
> just my desktop.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Greg

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

The bigger question I have is why and how did this happen?

This was a clean install (less than 4 days of use) on a
new box and the problem started about the same time I
installed SP2, but I was also installing other programs at
the same time. Are the two events related? And why am I
getting two "My Documents" windows opening? This is a
single-user machine.

I have since learned that there may be issues with SP2 and
my Pentium 4 (3.0, 800) Prescott, but that seems to relate
to not being able to restart after installation of SP2. I
am not having that problem.

I may just spend another long day at the computer and
start all over again. (After looking directly at my
registry entries indicated at the "tweaks" site.)

(Yes, that is my "anonymous" post, I forgot to put
my "Greg" there - but who's tired?)