Seifer

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Well I bought 2142 a few days ago and just now took it out of the box and installed it. Well it works for maybe 2 hours then I try and play it again and the damn thing says please insert disk but the disk is in. I took it out looked at the CD not a scratch on it. I put my FEAR cd in and it loaded just fine. Thinking it was just a mess up I tried 2142 again and still it says please insert disk. So now I know it isn't the drive gone bad and the CD isn't scratched I download damien tools and try and emulate the game. Still the same thing happens. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled. Tried it again and the same fricken thing happens again after a little bit of game time.

Not sure what it is the patch or my CD was just a mess up... and I've tried different patch sources its my third time reinstalling so I don't know. Anyone getting the same problem?

uk_gangsta

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2006
I had this problem before with 2142.....Also with c&c3. And i know its not a problem with my drive.

The problem is EA try to put anti-pirating stuff on the disc, and basically like most things EA make, its crap, and doesnt work properly. So it thinks there is no or the wrong disc in the drive.

Think the way to get around it is to download a modified game.exe file so it doesnt look for the CD in the drive, just loads the game straight up. I think this has been discused on here before........google it.

rayzor

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2004

lol, and then ea will release a patch that ruins the game if you try to install the patch after you go about the 'above methods'! :fou:

I have the exact same problem with the crysis 64 bit exe, (also ea, go figure, and it's the legally downloaded version!! :fou: :fou: ) but it works when i load up the 32 bit version, then close that and reload the 64 bit version.

Seifer

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I sware I've tried everything now and nothing works. I tried emulation, I've tried the exe download, and even cracking it but nothing works for long.

bf2142-rules-ok

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2007
Presuming u want to play online - a cracked exe is obviously no good. If you have alcohol/daemon tools loaded, set virtual devices to 0, and don't have them load at start up either. If problem still persists, uninstall emulation software,reboot. BF2142 does not like emulation. Yes, a bummer I know, but there you go.

bf2142-rules-ok

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2007
Hmm, r u on Vista or XP? I am on XP but i know from bf2142 people on vista r having probs, thsi next part is not my fix but have cut/pasted it 4 u.
[TLB-R]LordGriffon
02-18-2008, 06:22 AM
There are 2 methods to fix the "Insert Disk etc ..." error.

A. If you are playing on Vista try this:

1. Right click on BF2142 Icon
2. Select Properties
3. Select Compatibility Tab
4. Down near bottom, select "Run as Admin"
5. Click apply.

I had same problem "Insert Disk etc ..." on my system which has Vista loaded on it.
The steps above fixed the issue.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Obviously if u r on XP this aint gonna work

TRENDING THREADS