Sign in with
Your question

A7N8X Deluxe and USB 2.0

Last response: in Motherboards
December 21, 2002 9:33:48 PM

I have the A7N8X Deluxe mobo and running WinXP w/SP1. When I look under Control Panel/System/Device Manager/Universal Serial Bus Controllers, I do not see that any of my installed USB controllers are 2.0. I did look at the USB driver versions and they seem to be the latest that came with SP1. I just tried to use a USB 2.0 device (IBM Microdrive) and I wasn't really impressed by the transfer speed. I did confirm that I have USB1.1/2.0 enabled in my BIOS. I'm concerned that my system uses only USB 1.1 but not USB 2.0. How can I check it? Thanks.

More about : a7n8x deluxe usb

December 23, 2002 5:37:41 AM

if anyone has a similar configuration as mine (a7n8x deluxe with winxp sp1), can you at least tell me what your readings are under USB in control panel/system/device manager?
December 23, 2002 5:20:46 PM

Did you install the Asus software that came with your board?

<font color=red>The solution may be obvious, but I can't see it for the smoke coming off my processor.</font color=red>
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
December 23, 2002 5:30:49 PM

The readme for the USB 2.0 drivers there says that I don't need them if I have WinXP with SP1 installed. I did install all other software provided.
December 23, 2002 8:14:38 PM

hmmmm. Is the IBM Microdrive capable of USB2.0? I'm just not specifically familiar with that equipment.

<font color=red>The solution may be obvious, but I can't see it for the smoke coming off my processor.</font color=red>
December 23, 2002 8:21:48 PM

At this point I don't care much about the microdrive. I'm trying to figure out if USB 2.0 works on my system at all.
!