4 Valve games for $9.95 on Steam

gta_bmx

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2008
Includes: Half-Life 2: Deathmatch, Half-Life 2: Lost Coast, Half-Life Deathmatch: Source, and Half-Life 2: Episode One. Not bad at all for $9.95. $2.50 per game. There are various Steam packages containing some of the back catalog games, but this package is a lot of bang for the buck.

Played a bit of each of the games, but I have really been having fun with "HL2: Deathmatch". It's an online FPS multi-player game based in the Half-Life 2 worlds played over the Steam network servers. I have never played an online FPS, so I've been getting hammered in the cold, cruel world of HL2: DM. When I first started playing, I'd just literally run up to other players to see what humorous way they'd use to kill me. Gotta love those HL2 weapons and those rag doll physics.

I'm improving. I can now run and hide and avoid death for entire minutes............................sometimes.

doomsdaydave11

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2007
If you liked Deathmatch, then you need to get Counter-Strike: Source. Period. No doubt about it. Before you know it, you will have played 300 hours on it. Check out the [SIG] Gaming servers. If you'd like you could add me :p: [SIG] D-Dave11ٿ

n0tsgn1k

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2007
CS:S gun game is where its at. you have to prove yourself with every gun. so you don't have the luxury of having an AK47 or an M4.

pauldh

Illustrious
Nvidia users can get Portal First Slice, Lost Coast, HL2 deathmatch, and Peggle Extreme for free:
http://www.steampowered.com/nvidia/

ATI users can get load coast and HL2: Deathmatch free:
http://www.steampowered.com/ati_offer1a/

nachowarrior

Distinguished
May 28, 2007
yeah, i got the ati offer, deathmatch and episode 2 free with hd 3870, nice perk i didn't know when i bought my card, best reason to install stock drivers EVER... my only dilemma is that i haven't played through the original half life, so i don't want to do lost coast. I did a bit of a demo...first level type stuff about a year back with hl2 on my pc. I've got the game sitting in there for xbox. but my xbox got fried... anyone know if i can legally download the original hl2 for pc if i have the game for xbox but can't play it? It's only 10 bucks... but i mean, it's just sitting there... staring at me... still in the plastic wrap... saying "play me". I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place... download knowing full well i paid them for a game i can't play on a different platform... or just not play it because i don't want to pay for it twice...and i'm not buying an xbox when i've got a pc here that can max it out 10 times over... i duno you tell me. :p
maybe i should as rob, he gives off the vibe that he's the type of person who might actually read the license agreements. :p

Oh Snap

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2008

IP? couldn't find it :)

gta_bmx

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2008
HL2: Deathmatch is only $4.95 with free online play over the Steam servers. I've played for maybe like 30-40 hours over the last couple of months. Lot of bang for the buck.

http://www.steampowered.com/nvidia/

Also, Steam currently is giving away 4 games for folks with Nvidia cards in their systems -- HL2: Death Match, Portal (first 11 levels), Peggle Extreme, and HL2: Lost Coast. Steam/VALVe kicks arse. The Source engine runs well even on my older card -- Nvidia 7300GT w/256mb.

Now, I need to get CSS! More fun.