Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

PX400 Dragon Ultra Problems

Tags:
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
December 22, 2002 5:07:16 AM

I am working on my Brothers computer and request some help.
Here is the specs of the rig:

1. Intel 2.533mhz
2. SY-P4X400 DRAGON Ultra Platinum Edition
3. CORSAIR CMX512-3200C2 64X64 400MHZ 512MB
4. ATI RADEON 9700 PRO 128MB
5. SOUNDBLASTER LIVE 5.1

The following is a list of my most frequent issues:
1. Blue Screen Memory Dump
2. Directx not supported in Medal of Honor
3. System crashes every 5 mins very unstable
4. CPU temp 30c <---Withen spec
5. Very unstable system
6. Have reinstalled OS several time and issues have continued.
Set to fail safe defaults for BIOS still crash.
7. Have latest 4and1 drivers and BIOS still crashes.

In general I have no love for Intel, I have a very stable SOYO 1800xp but for some reason this one is giving me troubles.

More about : px400 dragon ultra problems

a b V Motherboard
December 22, 2002 8:07:13 PM

It's not Intel's fault, it's a combination of VIA and Soyo. That chipset is real garbage, VIA has no license for the P4 bus and gets no technological assitance from Intel, because they screwed Intel on the PIII bus. In short, the board and chipset violate U.S. patent laws and if you get a non-functional unit you deserve it.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>
December 22, 2002 10:27:30 PM

Thanks for the info.

But I still need help with this rig. I have tested the 9700 pro for about 6 hours using 3dmark on a different system. Works just fine.

This board got pretty good scores in THWG thats why he got it.
Right now I could care less the AMD and Intel Battle so lets try to help me with this issue.
Thanks
Related resources
December 22, 2002 10:31:33 PM

Maybe a bios upgrade...?
About the stability probs if its not from the board try to run the memtest benchmark
a b V Motherboard
December 22, 2002 11:46:12 PM

Basically people like VIA because they are the "David fighting Goliath" going head to head with Intel. But what you really have is a case like "Hitler vs Stallin". Their love for the game clouds their judgement, in that VIA has a long history of abusing their end users and corporate dishonesty.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>
December 23, 2002 12:37:37 PM

Here is an update
I have tried latest BIOS and Different Ram and still got blue screen.
I am trying to install a fresh copy of xp and before I can finish the install i get blue screened.
could this be a motherboard issue or Processor.
Any help would be appreciated.
December 23, 2002 5:06:31 PM

How about your powersupply? How many amps is it able to deliver, what is its wattage? Anything less than approx 350watts on that system might cause instabilitys, you have a power-hungry CPU and Graphics Card.
December 23, 2002 7:05:53 PM

try to not install the via drives, let the sistem runs with the windows drives(agp driver, ide-drives, inf-drives) and see what happens ....
December 23, 2002 8:04:00 PM

Actually I cannot even install XP now. Blue Screen everytime.
The power supply is a Antec SL400W.
I beginning to suspect the motherboard
December 23, 2002 8:10:16 PM

I wouldn't suspect the power supply if it is new. It should be enough. Have you tried to boot with a different vid card? Go through and check the bios carefully.

<font color=red>The solution may be obvious, but I can't see it for the smoke coming off my processor.</font color=red>
December 31, 2002 12:06:09 AM

Just want to give everyone an update.
I changed the cpu core voltage to 1.525 Intel Spec.
This has fixed the problem. System is stable there may be some issues with the Graphics at highest setting but since no game will really stress that for awhile i am happy.
I would like to thank you for all your suggestions.
Thanks
Darkomen
December 31, 2002 12:06:23 AM

This has fixed the problem. System is stable there may be some issues with the Graphics at highest setting but since no game will really stress that for awhile i am happy.
Thanks
Darkomen
December 31, 2002 12:09:07 AM

This has fixed the problem. System is stable there may be some issues with the Graphics at highest settings but since no game will really stress that for awhile i am happy.
Thanks
Darkomen
December 31, 2002 12:09:13 AM

This has fixed the problem. System is stable there may be some issues with the Graphics at highest settings but since no game will really stress that for awhile i am happy.
Thanks
Darkomen