AGP Disabled?

lukehall

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2002
Hello,

I have just built a new system using an Asus P4B533 mobo. The trouble is..... the AGP is not working. I have a GF3 card (which I know is OK) but the power strip util is telling me that AGP transfers are disabled.

Basically, the graphics card is working but there is no AGP transfering going on. To my knowledge there are no AGP drivers supplied with the board, and the doesn't seem to be any AGP bridge installed in the system.... Finally, I can not find any AGP drivers to download from the Asus web site.... What am I missing here!!!?

Any help appreciated...

Thanks,

Luke

Your bios may be set to pci instead of agp for video. If you loaded the nvidia drivers for your gf3, you're ok. You can get the latest version off nvidia's website. There is an "Intel application acceleration" under downloads for the p4b533, but if you're running windows xp, you may already have it. You don't have to use it. I've used my sis board without the agp driver, and noticed little difference after loading it.

lukehall

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2002
Thanks for your reply, I will check the settings. I am expecting to see a very big increase in performance for games *with* the AGP working... because at the moment it isn't performing any better than my 1.4 Athlon, and the new chip is a 2.53!